PDA

View Full Version : never thought ide get one but

Nebbz
06-09-11, 11:41 AM
being i have two horses and my poor nova got stuck in the lane and bounced off a hedge god knows how many times last year ssooo to prevent bumps and grazes im getting a suzuki viatara....

any ideas how good/crap they are? Lol only thinking one of these is
a) cheap to buy
b) crap car to destroy offroading and playing with snow and surf board at the farm
c) its a 4x4 :wtf:

never had one and heard alot of people saying the gear box's just fall out lol

wwmnw
06-09-11, 11:46 AM
I had an experience in one, 4's up (3 fat *******s and the drivers lass) and it still pulled up a steep off road hill with ease. Before the lad got rid of it he said something (possibly the diff) was grinding.

pie
06-09-11, 11:47 AM
cant beat a old SJ for off road fun great fun in the snow

Asa-James
06-09-11, 11:54 AM
cheep and cheerful 4x4, rwd when in 2wd mode (lol) worth getting a newer style one as they are a tad more reliable

my uncle has had one for 12 years, a 2ltr grand vitara convertible, that he uses for pulling a loaded 2 tonne trailer up some very interesting roads, its never broked down, never had a clutch, and never had an issue. well worth it for a lugger

bai1ey
06-09-11, 12:07 PM
they are a very capible little 4x4 and very cheap to mod if thats what you want to do.
with a good set of tyres and a bit of willingness to give it the beans and not be sceard of it will go alot of places.
like you said you cant give a f**k about it. then you will be fine.
i have seen a few of these in standard form put land rovers to shame at Kirton Lydsey quarry.
the do tend to have rust issues though so give it a good once over

mk1nova_rich
06-09-11, 12:48 PM
Do you work as a hairdresser?

Alex J
06-09-11, 01:09 PM
me and my pals had two about three years ago, they are both sitting at the bottom of the north sea as we took them out at low tide, one got stuck, and we sunk the other trying to move the other, we just sat on the shore watching the tide come in, and waved goodbye, the next day they had gone, must have been a strong currentlollollol, watch out, maybe washed up on a shore near youlol

Nebbz
07-09-11, 09:50 AM
haha i work as anything but!

9-5 i am a national non domestic rates advisor (bacically i deal with tax's and get shouted at all day (i just laugh)) and after that im a tattooist who has two horses and likes to drive like a tit...there is a high chance i will take it up to the top hill on my m8s land and off road it on a daily basis.. because i can :)

soo yeah anything but a hairdresser...but my hair is purple/pink :/ if that counts..

Nebbz
08-09-11, 09:29 AM
Going to look at a vitara tonight, apparently its ltd edition but couldnt tell u why! so never know might have another toy! by the end of the month loL! :P

Jeff16v
08-09-11, 10:46 AM
Always rent one on holiday and trust me it gets abused, even with kids onboard. I prefer the old santana\samurai version as opose to the vitara\jimney rubbish. 1600 version of the old one was superb fun and its not pretty so doesn't matter about knocking the nuts out of it.

_Jake
08-09-11, 11:18 PM
Ive had an suzuki LJ & suzuki SJ. cannot beat SJ's but youll do very well to find an unmolestered one. A few vitaras had LSDs in the rear but i think it was the 5door one, (v6?) and deffinately do not get a jimny, if you like your axles to be straight...

mowgli
10-09-11, 07:50 PM
daihatsu sportrak is pretty good too, as is the swb shogun

dannyb
11-09-11, 10:01 AM
All my farm background mates swear by Daihatsu four traks - slow but awesome for towing and very rugged, cheap and capable off road.

mowgli
11-09-11, 10:28 AM
we used to have a fourtrak ifs (independant front susp) and it was a rocket ship.... but it was a bit shaky on towing a big heavy trailer cos of the short wheel base.. oh, and the rust was faster than any nova.

Nebbz
12-09-11, 12:51 PM
Well i bought it in the end, its in fantastic condition and only has 67k on the clock, Its a JX 4U model apparently ltd edition but cant work out the difference...

it was clean when i got it...but yesterday i had my way with it, and was drifting around the muck heap and well yeah car is covered in poooo hahaha! Fantastic fun! its a nice change to be aiming for the pot holes rather than avoid them! haha :D