PDA

View Full Version : Old school members - any pics

Jeff16v
05-09-11, 08:27 PM
Anyone remember a black nova from London, end of the plate read TEF and It had chequers up the bootlid at one stage, the original carbon spliiter, ie, no more that a flat bit of carbon with mini boot holders on the front, I used to see it at battersea cruise and the guy that owned it was involved in the club back in the day.
I'm trying to find pics.

fearless
05-09-11, 09:14 PM
Just scanned these from old photo's I took at National Day at Vx Luton - many many years ago, long before the internet and digital camera's :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/fearlessmotorsport/png5.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/fearlessmotorsport/png6.jpg

Will they do - not sure I have any others but I'm sure the car appeared in the club magazine

Dave

Jedro
05-09-11, 09:22 PM
looks :cool:

Jeff16v
05-09-11, 09:23 PM
Perfect Dave, I couldnt find any in the old mags I've got left.

Bubba
05-09-11, 09:39 PM
old....skool....COOL!!!

Jeff16v
05-09-11, 09:45 PM
Young'uns don't know what they missed :) aaaaaacccccciiiiiiddddd, lol

fearless
05-09-11, 09:53 PM
You gettin idea's for your black nova :) :)

Jeff16v
05-09-11, 09:57 PM
You gettin idea's for your black nova :) :)
Fed up of boring black, the cool chequers were wavy not square but the colours
The Important bit. Not enough themed novas around today.
Also always loved the White dtm one, remember, bumper turned upside down on the bottom of a standard bumper.

Novasport
05-09-11, 10:03 PM
Yeah, I remember that. Got the magazine it was in somewhere.

John
05-09-11, 10:32 PM
Did it appear in max pooer too?
Dave you need to scan in some more of your old pics! :)

Curtoise
06-09-11, 05:44 PM
why is it i swear every old picture its sunny, because now it seems to just constantly rain

RJM25R
07-09-11, 08:17 PM
Pete Neal, aka manic motorsport!!!

RJM25R
21-09-11, 12:15 AM
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?137848-Old-School-Nova-Photo-Gallery-ALL-old-piccy-threads-merged-(including-club-chat)/page142

This shows the car in the mag feature from 1994(?)

Jeff16v
21-09-11, 08:04 AM
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?137848-Old-School-Nova-Photo-Gallery-ALL-old-piccy-threads-merged-(including-club-chat)/page142

This shows the car in the mag feature from 1994(?)

Cheers Rick, looks at the state of walshy and his hair, and my god, dapper pete. Lol
It's making me feel well old!

LEWI007
21-09-11, 09:27 AM
Any ideas where i could get a template of that Courtenay Design decal hes got on the boot so i could get one made up myself ? or even just buy one of those decals somewhere??

scott.parker
21-09-11, 10:11 AM
Fed up of boring black, the cool chequers were wavy not square but the colours
The Important bit. Not enough themed novas around today.
Also always loved the White dtm one, remember, bumper turned upside down on the bottom of a standard bumper.

Nowww i get it, I'm stuck in the 90's! lol i couldn't understand what/where i was getting my idea's from to make my car's theme.
I'm doing what i liked the look of when i was 16, tbh it's depressing seeing them sort of pics, as it makes you realise how all the real scene of nova's has well gone!
I guess it's like any new car, say clio's or Corsa C's, theres a big following for them, and you guarantee to get a car park full of them, as they all get used daily etc, but now you would never get say 100 nova's at a meet, we cant even get that at a show this year..

Feeling to old now, maybe thats the only reason we keep these dam thing, trying to hang onto our youth?

Mike
21-09-11, 10:23 AM
why is it i swear every old picture its sunny, because now it seems to just constantly rain

In the olden days it used to be sunny all the time :( BUT everything used to be black & white so you could never really tell :/

Jeff16v
21-09-11, 12:04 PM
Nowww i get it, I'm stuck in the 90's! lol i couldn't understand what/where i was getting my idea's from to make my car's theme.
I'm doing what i liked the look of when i was 16, tbh it's depressing seeing them sort of pics, as it makes you realise how all the real scene of nova's has well gone!
I guess it's like any new car, say clio's or Corsa C's, theres a big following for them, and you guarantee to get a car park full of them, as they all get used daily etc, but now you would never get say 100 nova's at a meet, we cant even get that at a show this year..

Feeling to old now, maybe thats the only reason we keep these dam thing, trying to hang onto our youth?

Honestly the days of covering cars in vinyl went moons ago but honestly the theme on yours is bang upto date, Ring editions with little vinyl details are proof of that, although some makers prefer to break the car up with painted sections like the citreon DS3.

The one thing i will say about the scene, from my point of view, is that although i've owned a nova since 1991 after buying one brand new, i never had the finance or skills to fully take part in a serious way. My car was always hidden at the back, with nowt more than cibie oscars and a different bumper stripe colour. The scene is more personal for me now as its shrunk considerably and off the shelf parts and years worth of other peoples experience makes it so much easier.

I'm certainly not willing to let go of my youth, it was a happy time for me and havinf two kids and the daily routine are despressing sometimes.
For me letting go of the nova is like acceptance that I belong to another generation that has more money but less fun. My parents said i'd die in my nova. Then so be it, as long as i die doing what i enjoy, nothing can be worse than that.