PDA

View Full Version : brakes for a valver

so1o
08-07-03, 02:38 AM
just got my valver thanks to mc and cp but need better brakes, whats the best set up to go for.......disks, pads etc

prices and links would be a help.

thanks

brian
08-07-03, 02:40 AM
if you want to keep it basic but good get Astra/Cav gsi front discs and calipers

Stuart
08-07-03, 08:53 AM
didnt you get the brakes from the cav fitted??

Dicko
08-07-03, 09:37 AM
you said brakes then mentioned discs/pads

so do you want us to recomend which brakes to go for or which discs/pads?

i run cav gsi callipers with Red Dot 24mm*256mm and Red Dot fast road pads. seem to work quite well for me

so1o
08-07-03, 02:29 PM
disks and pads plz

Dicko
08-07-03, 03:17 PM
just be careful what you buy basically
a few pointers...

some pads are complete crap until they are boiling hot. your safe to stick with ferrodo, red dot, unsure of EBC iv herd mixed reports

drilled discs are ok, if you get grooved only get 6-12 grooves not a mad 40 odd theres just no point. again red dot, turbo groove, tarox are good makes. beware that with grooved discs you can feel a very slight vibration in the peddle when you pres the brakes due to the grooves in the disk.

thats about all there is to it really, just dont buy expensive dics and naff pads as they will glaze up in 2 secs and ul get serious fade as I had :s

so1o
08-07-03, 10:48 PM
thanks dicko!

how about any specific ones that u think are good enuff for the job?

does having a rear disk conversion make much difference? my cav brakes were standard and sh!t.

v6 calipers and disks worth getting?at the moment i got std cav gsi disks and pads, worth upgrading or best getting grooved and drilled disks like u said with good pads?black diamond any good?