swedge
02-09-11, 04:53 PM
anyone running megajolt on a 20seh?

jonn
02-09-11, 04:57 PM
no but i am on a c20xe

swedge
02-09-11, 05:05 PM
trying to find a map to use untill i can get it up to glasgow and properly mapped, i know it wont be perfect for the engine but would be better than the base map

i dont think the 16v map would be the same as an 8v

jonn
02-09-11, 05:11 PM
ya the 16v could could be different,[/URL] this is the map i am going to try and use when i have my engine back together. [URL]http://www.autosportlabs.org/viewtopic.php?t=1083 (http://www.autosportlabs.org/viewtopic.php?t=1083)

my engine fired up straight away and seemed to run fine on the standard megajolt map.

swedge
02-09-11, 05:15 PM
yeah ive saw that one before, he said he used a 1.8 8v map and adjusted it slightly

would the 1.8 8v map be miles different from the 2.0 8v

jonn
02-09-11, 05:21 PM
i am not sure now the difference between the two engines but i would think that the ignition timming would be the same.

mowgli
02-09-11, 05:34 PM
if the seh is the dizzy type, and i'm certain they all are, can't you get away with using the dizzy & driver ecu from the original efi? or maybe an spi nova setup? it would work ok.

swedge
02-09-11, 07:08 PM
if the seh is the dizzy type, and i'm certain they all are, can't you get away with using the dizzy & driver ecu from the original efi? or maybe an spi nova setup? it would work ok.

The what what from the what? Lol sorry for my stupidity

Yeah it was a dizzy type engine but all removed now with a blanking plate

swedge
02-09-11, 07:12 PM

The what what from the what? Lol sorry for my stupidity

Yeah it was a dizzy type engine but all removed now with a blanking plate

mowgli
02-09-11, 08:08 PM
if it was a peg drive, on the cam, then you should be able to fit a setup off an spi or e16se with fairly reasonable results... and if the seh had a jetronic efi, then the ecu should drive the timing ok, as long as there is a +ve ign feed to it.

i hope stu turns up to check this

swedge
02-09-11, 08:23 PM
Are you talking about keeping the distributor?

I havecalready got all the megajolt stuff just need the trigger wheel

Andy
02-09-11, 08:31 PM
the seh is indeed a jetronic setup

mowgli
02-09-11, 08:49 PM
Are you talking about keeping the distributor?

I havecalready got all the megajolt stuff just need the trigger wheel

i was thinking more on the lines of making it work long enough to get it to someone who can do the megajolt once.

swedge
02-09-11, 08:59 PM
Yeah but that would mean having to remove everything again and reinstall the megajolt

The megajolt comes with a base map pre installed which is safe enough to use, I was just looking to see if anyone had a map for that engine which would be better to use than megajolts base map

mowgli
02-09-11, 09:01 PM
tbf, there is not much between ign maps, so just use the base one.