PDA

View Full Version : next project

turbojolt
01-09-11, 03:45 PM
Well I will soon have my nova back as my daily driver and I've been thinking about my raise and how much spare cash I should have every month now so instead of spending my week ends drinking I want another project I'm thinking of a road legal track day car but don't know what to start of with I've heated the mk4 astra are a good base handling wise but are heavy don't think I want to do a nova as the price of them is getting stupid now so maybe a corsa I'm not sure what car would you guys suggest starting off with and what to do with it?

Cheers guys

bazil
01-09-11, 04:31 PM
Corsa c16xe turbo, homebrew turbo kit to keep cost down or splash out on a vxr engine on the credit card lol, plenty of corsa b shells and panels at decent prices.

Small block keeps the weight down a touch on the front

turbojolt
01-09-11, 05:01 PM
I'm thinking corsa b tbh a Sri strip it cage buckets coilovers 288 brakes and just abuse it till the engine let's go

simonm
01-09-11, 05:09 PM
That sounds like a perfect plan I've also bein thinking about doing the same as my project is nearly finished I was thinking about maybe a 106 gti plenty about and cheap and quick and good handling straight outa the box and just rag it till it dies

turbojolt
01-09-11, 07:41 PM
No pug for me its got to be a vauxhall if I was to get a pug it would be a gti6 lol

Mike
01-09-11, 08:09 PM
By my Corsa off me then, its pretty much done ready for an XE or LET motor.

turbojolt
01-09-11, 08:24 PM
Lol my raise hasn't come thru yet

Andy
01-09-11, 08:35 PM
That sounds like a perfect plan I've also bein thinking about doing the same as my project is nearly finished I was thinking about maybe a 106 gti plenty about and cheap and quick and good handling straight outa the box and just rag it till it dies
Cheap?? no theyre not-the saxo's are cheap but the 106's are commanding strong money......

simonm
01-09-11, 08:53 PM
Cheap?? no theyre not-the saxo's are cheap but the 106's are commanding strong money......

Sorry I'm in Ireland and there's a few floatin round for handy money prob not mint but perfect for rippin up the track