PDA

View Full Version : Ride Height

joesturdy
01-09-11, 01:15 PM
Does anyone know the distance between the wheel centre and the arch on a standard Nova (Front & Rear)? And maybe sill to floor?

The reason I'm asking is that I've put coilovers on the front of my 1.2 and am trying to work out what springs to buy for the rear. The ones on my old front struts weren't standard so I don't have baseline measurement.

Also, has a limit been established as to how low you can safely go? I'm running 13s so even as it was my 'sill to floor' was pretty tight? I've seen people with -110mm on the rear but they've got bigger wheels

Cheers

ab2cv
01-09-11, 04:41 PM
I'd also be interested on any information to do with ride height. My GTE was lowered when I bought it but I am thinking of returning it to standard height - but without using standard springs and shocks (probably no longer available). I don't know what spring/shock combination would give me a standard GTE ride height. (I'm guessing probably one of the lowering kits for a standard Nova would lower it to the same as a GTE)?

Alan

mowgli
01-09-11, 04:44 PM
You can still buy gte lowered std front struts from decent suppliers and std rears will still do, and the springs are something like -25 from normal nova.

Spudly
01-09-11, 07:12 PM
If you want Joe, ive just fitted my coilover type springs on the back of my antibes so i now have a spare set of what i believe to be -60mm gmax rears, you can have them to try for comparison if you want?

joesturdy
02-09-11, 12:00 PM
I'll maybe get in touch when I get it back on the road! Cheers Spudly!

Spudly
02-09-11, 05:40 PM
No problems, think i saw you today aswell, pulling out of the parking bay at the side of jacksons on marlborough ave, i was in the black astra in front of you:thumb:

Southie
02-09-11, 08:03 PM
I'm quite small so some Alton Tower rides I only just get on...

Royston
02-09-11, 08:24 PM
could measure tomorow