PDA

View Full Version : Fuel pump enclosure to MSA spec

NavNova
31-08-11, 03:22 PM
I'm building my night nav/road rally Nova up to MSA spec to get it log booked. I currently have the fuel pump mounted inside the car to protect it but I need to put an enclosure round it to act as a bulk head.

Has anyone built a fuel pump enclosure for this purpose? Anyone got any photos or advice?

Cheers

http://www.msauk.org/uploadedfiles/msa_forms/bluebooks/11/277-320%20Rallying.pdf
48.1.1. Have a bulkhead between any fuel tank and filler and driver/passenger compartment sufficient to prevent the passage of flame or liquid. Where a fuel tank constitutes part of a bulkhead between passenger and luggage compartment, an additional bulkhead must be fitted. Additional fuel tank protection may be required

dstevenson
31-08-11, 05:41 PM
Picked this up from Julian Wilkes website showiung the arrangement in his amazing giant killing 1400 Nova. If it's good enough for him......

http://wilkes-motorsport.com/resources/DSC00127.JPG

Think something like this is what you are after for the fuel pump. Bulkhead requirement refers to fuel tank inside car I think. Easiest to check with your local scrut who will be log booking the car - they are usually well pleased to help.

Just noticed from you sig where you are from - I am from Moira as well!!! I rally a 1400 16v nova with the Rallysport Association - you should check it out.... much better value IMHO. Give us a shout if you want to tie-up, good to know of another Nova so close to me. We are in the middle of an engine change this week - similar spec to the one you will see on the Julian Wilkes website I mentioned above. Hoping to see good figures on the rolling road next week and then hit the stages at Moneyglass next weekend :d

David

NavNova
01-09-11, 10:03 AM
Ah good man. Yea it's something like that I'm after. Just need something to enclose the pump really but wasn't sure if it needs to be totally sealed or how the connections need to be made or what the craic is with it.

I'll be looking to do some of the Rallysport events once I get the car up to spec. At the minute its just a totally standard 1.6 8v with cage, seats and harnesses. I had built it for Night Nav's but it looks like they won't be around much longer. Was supposed to have one tomorrow night but it was cancelled due to lack of entries.

Good to know there is another Nova rally man so close by.

dstevenson
01-09-11, 02:00 PM
No problem at all.

Remember the car does not have to be log booked or you have a MSA licence to compete with RSA - I don't . As long as it has decent cage, seats & belts (in date), battery secured, cut-off switch, hand held extinguisher you will be good to pass scrutiny on the day and go rallying!
That is why it is now so popular with the local clubmen (140 at last weekends Aghadowey event) - no crazy rules or prohibitive costs just well organised, good value and fun rallying - just how it is supposed to be.

Anything I can help with don't hesitate to drop me a PM, your welcome to come to an event and I would be happy to take you out for a stage - that is the other great thing - you can have anyone sit beside you, or no one if your "billy no-mates", lol! As long as they are signed on the day your good to go!!

David