PDA

View Full Version : lowering effect steering?

Gazza14SR
07-07-03, 08:56 PM
recently lowered car on 35mm springs and gmax shocks, steering felt normal and fine.

i have just changed the springs to 60mm and all of a sudden the steering seems light and very sensitive.

is anyone elses like this? i have just double checked over everything and it all seems in perfect shape.

any ideas?

thanks

SKoob
07-07-03, 10:17 PM
this is probably due to a slight negative camber. The negative camber will mean less of the tyre is on the road, so thats y its lighter and more sensitive. Its the same on mine. You can do a camber mod to give ur car the same camber as before you lowered it. The guide can be found on www.nova-land.com

novashed
08-07-03, 05:17 PM
i shouldv'e bought the camber bolts with the shockers yesterday, soz mate thought you only wanted springs so i threw in the shockers aswell, nobody else wanted them

ade
08-07-03, 06:23 PM
weird - mines lowered 60mm - and its light but can go a little heavy on some corners - also when road is pretty uneaven can get a little hairy as it tram lines.

You may get wobble through steering column coz you'll prob need to re-align the tracking (if they can do it - 2 places I took it to said they couldnt!)

Also with having slight negative camnber (wheels closer into the top that the bottom) you will find your inner tyres wear like feck, especially if you corner fast or drive windy roads!

Ade