PDA

View Full Version : C16XE revving at 4000RPM ???

boyd_1989
30-08-11, 02:08 AM
basically the engine was ok a few days ago, untill i full throttle it then it started revving between about 1800-2200 RPM but the only fault code that come up was this... "35 Idle stepper motor Poor or no idle speed control" so i changed it and cleaned out the TB and it was then ok for a few hours and then again when i full throttled it along dual carridgeway it started again revving at about 2000 RPM so the next day i stripped it all down again, then started it up again it was fine so later on in the night i was racing a few mates then after it, it started revving between 4000-5000 RPM and would not slow down at all, even on start up it would rev at 4000-5000 RPM. so what im trying to find out is whats the problem?? anyone know or had this problem before? should i try another sensor?

the only problem i had before this started was a slight blow from the exhaust manifold, i wouldnt have thought this would cause it to do that but is it a possability?

sorry for the long description but just had to let you all know how it started and how it is right now.
please help me as i do not know what to do now.
comments please :thumb: ......

boyd_1989
30-08-11, 02:15 AM
Things that i tryed.... different ECU, idle stepper motor (other 1 was probably nackerd aswell) and a different AFM but still the same problem :( also checked all vacuum pipes for leaks, no air leaks anywhere

therealnovaboy
30-08-11, 02:57 AM
Assuming it has the standard inlet manifold and TB, Id check the rubber that joins the upper inlet manifold to the Throttle body. If there is a slit in it, the ar gets into the engine without going through the AFM and TB.

boyd_1989
30-08-11, 10:04 AM
ive got a powerbox with a x16xe TB. ive checked everythink for air leaks...
im going to the scrap yard today and gonna get another TB with sensors, if this doesnt cure it then i dont know what else i could try. any suggestions would be much appreciated...
thanks