PDA

View Full Version : Scraping

dex
07-07-03, 05:46 PM
I have 13" volkswagen alloys and they make a scraping noise when I have a few people in the back Im pretty sure they are scraping on the arches but there are no marks.

The cars a 1.0l will it improove the nhandling if i fit suspension from a gsi or sri as its pretty crap at the moment.

Is it possible to fit a rev counter to the 1.0l i think I hav red sumwhere u can does ne 1 no how

ade
07-07-03, 05:59 PM
check the offset on the wheel - vauxhalls (nova) run et 45-49).

Possible that if the rides crap the shcks/springs are shagged so when you have load in the car, the wheels scraping on the inner arch at the top - if theres no damage or wear to the piuter tyre wall, check the inner one.

I'm going with the springs/shocks

SR/GSi shocks and springs will lower the car and give a better ride but if your gonna go than you may as well get a new set of something like gmas springs and shocks - only ?190 and can lower the car 40mm - 60mm making the ride alot firmer and better.

All you need now is a decenmt set of wheels - 15" for example.

As for rev counter - yes you can fit it to a 1 ltr - normally you run a wire from the counter to the coil - but you could consider swapping the clocks for the SR ones - theres a set on ebay for ?6! They have a rev counter built in and depending on the model you have you'll prob find they'll go in no probs!

The only bit you may need to change is the connector...

Ade

dex
08-07-03, 12:16 AM
Cheers for the advice m8