PDA

View Full Version : track car or show car?????........

Alex J
27-08-11, 12:35 PM
well im at that stage yet again were im bored and thinking (yet again) of chopping in the sr for a track weapon, (mrs merris thinks i need helplol) what do you lot like? track or show? vote away....

if i can get the vote thing to work:roll:

Pistol Pete
27-08-11, 01:00 PM
IMO you can have both. Well, lol i intend to! Benn manages it. As do a few others.

paul james
27-08-11, 01:01 PM
Have two Novas, one to keep mint and the other for messing about it in on tracks and such. Thats what I would do if I had the space.

Jeff16v
27-08-11, 01:14 PM
Buy another, simples.

mowgli
27-08-11, 01:17 PM
whilst trying not to sound insensitive to your ongoing medical condition.....whats the legal/insurance position on track day driving with no current road licence?

Iain
27-08-11, 01:18 PM
Showcar with a good spec engine/susp/brake setup for track, best of both worlds.

Andy
27-08-11, 01:26 PM
whilst trying not to sound insensitive to your ongoing medical condition.....whats the legal/insurance position on track day driving with no current road licence?

You cant do it.
No licence-no drive

mowgli
27-08-11, 01:28 PM
You cant do it.
No licence-no drive
show car it is then

Alex J
27-08-11, 04:35 PM
^^^^as above, no licence , no drive, i can only do burnouts in private land or my garagelol, still , only got to wait untill may 22nd 2012 before i may be allowed to:(

Mieran
27-08-11, 04:42 PM
did you buy the current nova before you got banned?

scott.parker
27-08-11, 04:55 PM
Dude, best thing is place the SR under a cover, forget it's there, and find other things to occupy your time with, as if you sold that car you would kick your self, unless you sell it for more that is...

BUT IMO i like both, but i cant keep a car in good enough condition to make it a show car, so i went for track as it's easy to maintain etc, but i like the idea of a nice shower too....

Alex J
27-08-11, 04:59 PM
did you buy the current nova before you got banned?rather keep it in club chat, long story:(

Alex J
27-08-11, 05:01 PM
Dude, best thing is place the SR under a cover, forget it's there, and find other things to occupy your time with, as if you sold that car you would kick your self, unless you sell it for more that is...

BUT IMO i like both, but i cant keep a car in good enough condition to make it a show car, so i went for track as it's easy to maintain etc, but i like the idea of a nice shower too....could sell it and buy yours:p

Andy
27-08-11, 05:34 PM
Just make a clean road weapon

Paul
27-08-11, 05:39 PM
Ring kirbys n tell them to come and get it.

srs1
29-08-11, 09:44 PM
if it's bret's car your thinking of destroying, then never ever make it a track car. the car is stunning and a really fantastic example. it would be a real shame to make it onto a track car. thats my thoughts, but its your car now. so your call

Spudly
29-08-11, 09:47 PM
did you buy the current nova before you got banned?

Technically he aint banned:p

Dibs on the opening rear quarters pretty please mr merris:d

But seriously dont track the SR!

Hobbit
29-08-11, 09:50 PM
Where has he said he'll turn the sr into a track car? :confused: he says he'll sell it to buy one...

track car gets my vote, I dont really get show cars, although I do love your sr lol

Timmy
29-08-11, 10:03 PM
why is there no burgo poll !!!!!!!!

blue_peg_16v
29-08-11, 10:41 PM
A combo of both think nick jacksons last 2 looked awsome and would make great track weapons Phil has used the yella peg a number of times on track intact that's about the only time it hose out now to be kicked to death at croft and it's still an awsome show car will be at nats hopefully next year