PDA

View Full Version : fuel pump wiring with carbs

swedge
27-08-11, 12:18 AM
how do i wire up a fuel pump when running carbs?

ill be running r1 carbs on megajolt and thought about running them through that but found out that the outputs only engage after 500rpm which the car wont be turning on the starter at

i dont really want to be running a switch either

tom reid
27-08-11, 12:22 AM
You could run it from the accecesory side of the ign switch

swedge
27-08-11, 12:33 AM
does that only come on when cranking and when the engine running or does it come on when the cars not running i.e. keys in but not running

Cheeze
27-08-11, 12:47 AM
Just wire it to an ignition live (black) if you only want it to come on once the ignitions on

danderv
27-08-11, 08:09 AM
I am having this same problem and i don't want to run it off the ignition feed as the pump will be running when ign on.The facet instructions recommend using an oil pressure switch but i am as yet trying to find the best way and what switch to use.

jonn
27-08-11, 08:54 AM
i am wiring my r1 one off the ignition, once the r1 pump builds up fuel pressure it stops. make sure when you go to wire it not to mix up the wires because it can burn it out. the black wire was the earth and the black,blue was the live on my pump.

mowgli
27-08-11, 11:33 AM
if you use the coil feed, then if the key is on, so is the pump. if you connect to the usual accessory one, then it is only running when the red lights are on on the dash, or once the engine is running, so fitting a tee union to the oil pump with an extra std oil switch, then using that to earth out the switching side of a relay sounds quite logical. it all depends what capactiy fuel bowls/swirl pot you have

davidfox280585
27-08-11, 11:45 AM
my series 1 on efi is wired from te ecu turn on and that even runs constant ignition till the pump pressures out