PDA

View Full Version : this dosent sound rite

bainyboy sr
21-08-11, 11:07 AM
ive been advertising my girlfriends saxo on piston heads and woke up to this reply sounds like a scammer heres what they left

Replies to AdvertId: 3145157

From:VICTOR COLLINS <collins_m1@yahoo.com>Sent:Saturday 20th August 2011 - 20:48:41Country:Unknown
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3145157.htm hello, I am interested in your car,i am a oceanographer ......i am on sea now (presently i am offshore) i live united kingdom with my family.i will like to buy your car for my family...........i will like to know may be you will accept PAYPAL and a LOCAL PICKUP..............If you are up to my demand,we might extract to the transaction and i will make the payment for your item and for shipping... My Phone No: +447024094240 My Email Address: collins_m1@yahoo.com

sounds like a ripp off to me

Mazz
21-08-11, 11:10 AM
really.....

vx kev
21-08-11, 11:11 AM
Yep, scam! My father in law is a car trader and gets emails like this all the time from people claiming to be on the high seas and willing to pay paypal and then someone will collect car bla bla bla, dont know how the scam actually works as they cant really do anything with your paypal address. Who knows but definately disregard any emails like this mate:thumb:

paul james
21-08-11, 11:15 AM
The text reads like a google translation, not the writings of a well educated Oceanographer. Just ignore this sort of thing and sell it to someone who will just turn up with the cash and buy it straight away.

The question to ask yourself is - if you were buying a car from abroad wouldn't you ask for lots of photos and want to know every little detail about it? this guy hasn't asked anything.

Mike
Yep, scam! My father in law is a car trader and gets emails like this all the time from people claiming to be on the high seas and willing to pay paypal and then someone will collect car bla bla bla, dont know how the scam actually works as they cant really do anything with your paypal address. Who knows but definately disregard any emails like this mate:thumb:

Using hacked paypal accounts or stolen credit cards is how it works.

bainyboy sr
yea i opend it on ph and not through my emails, i seen a thread about this before , theyl prob try to take money out your pay pal eh

Jack
21-08-11, 11:36 AM
They send you money, take the car, then reverse the transaction (or paypal cancel it due to being sent from a compromised account); result, free car.

wwmnw
21-08-11, 12:41 PM
I replied to one of these emails via a spare email account I have and I got a message off "paypal" saying £x had been deposited into my account from oceanographer, my paypal isn't linked to that email lol

MK999
21-08-11, 12:41 PM
Definitely the scam, who the fcuk would want a saxo for their family. lol

mowgli
21-08-11, 01:18 PM
who is called victor these days??? certainly not a british person