PDA

View Full Version : E16SE Injectors not triggering.

Balley
20-08-11, 07:43 PM
Hi there I have recently bought another Nova, bought it semi built but not completed and was told it only neaded a fuel pump to make it run.

Well I bought a Nexia MPi pump off here and fitted it in my Spi Pump cluster. Yet the Car still didn't go. I carried out a few more test today. Normal stuff like timing, spark and fuel. Got to the fuel part and tested the trigger pattern on the injector wire harness and discovered there not triggering.

Has any one got the pin pattern for the ecu so I can test it at the plug

and has any one had this problem before.. am hoping its something simple like a earth missing off the ECU but am expecting the worse.

Cheers Dan

mowgli
20-08-11, 08:16 PM
check the ignition feed to the ecu is actually on when you are cranking over, it still seems to be the most popular reason for an e16se not working

Balley
20-08-11, 08:22 PM
I would assume so as the distributors sparking. I will check though :)

mowgli
20-08-11, 08:46 PM
ok. is the feed pipe from the pump going to the right side of the rail?

Balley
20-08-11, 11:13 PM
I will check but surely the injectors would trigger as the 5v switch makes them open and close not the pressure.

Stuart
20-08-11, 11:51 PM
Injectors have a Permy 12V feed and then the ECU switches the other side to ground when demanding fuel.

Check you have fuel getting to the rail, check that there is fuel getting to the injectors. Check the electrical operation of the injectors (eg is one side 12V and the otherside ground now and again). If thats true the the injectors could be blocked (I've seen that a few times)

brainsnova
21-08-11, 12:34 AM
As Stuart said 12v dc at the injectors so if you put a multi meter over the terminals at an injector as it turns over 12v should register. If not the signal isn't getting sent by the ecu.