PDA

View Full Version : Electrics Problem

Anonymous
08-01-01, 05:37 PM
Can any1 help - all of sudden when I put my lights on my brake lights are permanentley lit up and when I turn my lights off and press the brakes the brake lights come on but also the front lights so it looks like i'm flashing people all the time when i'm just braking. Any1 any ideas?

Anonymous
08-01-01, 05:45 PM
sounds quite cool but i can see it would get annoying. prehaps a short circuit somewhere with maybe a fuse gone or not gone. just check everything :)

Anonymous
08-01-01, 07:04 PM
firstly post in right forum, technical one!
secondly try the earths

Anonymous
09-01-01, 02:38 AM
Ye, and make sure ur cabless rnt touching the ur bodywork at all!!! This will give a -ve connection and create a circuit causing ur lights to come on!!

Anonymous
09-01-01, 09:14 AM
I had his problem, I replaced a bulb, I think 4 the brake light and it was with the wrong kind of bulb. As soon as I changed to the right kind it went back to normal.

Anonymous
09-01-01, 12:58 PM
I had the same problem, but it turned out to be my battery was almost completely flat, replaced the battery and all was ok!!

Anonymous
09-01-01, 06:20 PM
Sounds like one of the the rear brake/tail light bulbs is twisted slightly in it's holder connecting the brake light and lamp circit together. Remove both rear bulbs and refit them carefully the right way.

Anonymous
09-01-01, 06:22 PM
Check you have the twin element brake/tail bulbs and not just normal single element tail bulbs.