PDA

View Full Version : mk2 sr to e16se

moffat
17-08-11, 07:21 PM
right put a thread up about this a while ago and cant find any of my old threads since the forum changed,

basically my car is 1.4 j plate sr, and ive got an e16se which im going to fit, i was looking at the looms earlier, the sr one seems to be, fan, lights/indicators, starter motor and altinator... so how do i connect that to the e16 loom?

also do the injectors clip on to the black plastic loom holder? if so mines longer than the injector rail so only 2 fit so how do i go about that?

few folk said id need a full early gsi car loom, but dont wnt the hassle of changing the whole car

any help appreciated

craig

vx kev
17-08-11, 07:36 PM
Wiring it up il be a piece of poo lad so dont worry about that, we'll get that sorted nearer the time eh. Your way of worrying about that just now. :p
Injector plugs hang loose, not part of the loom cover like in XE's :thumb:

moffat
17-08-11, 07:57 PM
must be easier than it looks lol. aye thats true man, first conversion lol just seeing how it all goes together.

cheers man :)

mowgli
22-08-11, 11:21 AM
Just make sure you get the right fuel tank/pump, throttle cable, & engine complete with full wiring, ecu, ignition controller etc.. The wiring is a doddle....YOU JUST KEEP YOUR ORIGINAL LOOM & THEN ADD 5 CONNECTIONS TO MAKE THE E16SE WORK, AND THEY ARE SO EASY, YOU WON'T BELIEVE IT.

big red: battery live
black: ign live (use the original coil feed)
green, rev counter, just connect your existing one up
brown/yel(i think) ECU light, recycle the choke light circuit...
red/blue feed to fuel pump relay...

moffat
22-08-11, 12:11 PM
got an spi tank, going run a mpi internal pump, got the complete e16se engine loom too,

cheers for that mate :thumb:

mowgli
22-08-11, 12:13 PM
so you'll be done by tea time then....lol

seriously, as long as you remember to use an f13 box, it is a doddle.

most if not all the water pipes will fit

and as long as you label the connections on the old loom, it is easy to fit.

moffat
22-08-11, 12:30 PM
got an f15 box with f13 internals, so ill need a mechanical speedo drive,

get there once engine rebuilt lol

mowgli
22-08-11, 01:26 PM
pm me when you are ready... i'll assist you from afar.