PDA

View Full Version : mot tommorow

dave.gsi
07-07-03, 12:13 AM
got an mot booked for 9 tommorow morning for my sr. spent the day generally bodging holes with fibreglass and putting it on its new rims........................13in steelies from my mums corsa lol only thing i could lay my hands on which had any tread. hope it passes, then its up for sale. oh and had to take the splitter off so it'll get up the ramps lol

Dicko
07-07-03, 09:06 AM
good luck :P

Stuart
07-07-03, 09:13 AM
lol im not the only one that cant be arsed to get hold of new tyres lol

ill have to go to a scrappy to source some worn but legal ones :D

and ive got to do some welding :s not my best skill, oh well

hotdogs_r_us
07-07-03, 09:29 AM
which sr u seling

Good luck

wisewood
07-07-03, 02:14 PM
well.... how'd it do????

dave.gsi
09-07-03, 12:55 AM
lol, its sr no2. it failed on 1, sunstrip (apparently police r having a crackdown). ripped that off halfway through test lol.
no2, numberplate bulb
no3, headlight adjustment too low
no4,wiper blade split
and no5, two small plates need welding by the rear suspenstion and one on the inner wing.

?105 all in. not bad :D

the headlights adjusment was fixed there and then (had to write on sheet though) as was sunstrip.

therefore need welding (?85) +mot test ?20

plus wiper blade which i'll borrow from my gsi for the day lol

Dicko
09-07-03, 10:07 AM
get yaself a welder, saved myself sooooooooooo much money on my MOt the other week.
had a split cv so i used superglue. its still holding out now 8)

dave.gsi
09-07-03, 10:15 AM
don't think i trust myself with a welder lol they scare the shit out of me (as do angle grinders and chainsaws) :lol:

Dicko
09-07-03, 10:19 AM
lol ye
set my hair on fire welding underneath the car :o

and zinged my arm wit hthe angle grinder lol

other night was moding my alt bracket ready for throttle bodies wit the grinder and i never noticed the disc had a chunk missing, so grinder is going and it locked up on the missing chunk and fliped the grinder right over and hit my arm still spinng, lucky i had me big F.O leather gloves on which cover 1/2 my arms aswell :D

dave.gsi
09-07-03, 10:38 AM
:o

precisely the reason i won't go near one lol