PDA

View Full Version : No idea where I stand?

Tanya.
17-08-11, 11:19 AM
Just after some quick advice.

I won a bundle of clothes on eBay for Daniel. There was 100+ items. The advert stated that there was some 0-3 and 9-12 but it was mainly 6-9 months. It was listed as collection but a courier could be arranged.

The stuff arrived yesterday and I was sorting through and dicovered that there was 18 items 6-9 months and the rest was various other ages, some that she hadn't even mentioned. There was also a few rather stained items.

I sent her a message explaining I wasn't happy etc. She replied with that her child was in 9-12 months stuff by 7 months so that's why she had listed the 9-12 months items as being sized 6-9 and that I was complaing about nothing basically.

So I asked her for a full refund and the cost of the postage as the items weren't as stated but she's refusing to budge on paying the postage and she seems to think eBay are on her side too. She keeps stating that it was listed as collection only when it wasn't.

So I have no idea where I stand. I have a bunch of stuff that is no good to me and if I send it back i'm down almost £30.

thedjse
17-08-11, 11:26 AM
Ebay always sides with the buyer, if items were not as described she will loose!!!

Alex J
17-08-11, 11:32 AM
clothes are worth more than scrap atm round here, 500+ a ton, just weigh it in!!!

Tanya.
17-08-11, 11:37 AM
clothes are worth more than scrap atm round here, 500+ a ton, just weigh it in!!!

Although the money is an issue it's more the principle as well. I'd already lost out on some of the stuff as it wouldn't fit in the box and she wouldn't tell me how much the postage would be to send it in another box.

Jack
17-08-11, 01:01 PM
Raise a dispute with ebay, but make sure you mention some of the items were soiled. IIRC they get very very uppitty about clothing being properly washed/cleaned and what not before sale (99.997168324685940781298708237% sure their T&Cs say all items must be clean and not soiled in any way).

If she's incorrectly listed the items (as in, listing 9-12 month clothing as 6-9) then thats in your favour too. Doesn't matter what her fatty boom boom kid fits into, its what the clothing is designed for!

Dervy
17-08-11, 01:04 PM
contact ebay and open a case on her, as was said earlier ebay will always side with you if the item is not as discribed

Tanya.
17-08-11, 01:08 PM
I've opened a case. She's still refusing to budge and is now saying that i'm trying to pull a fast one and that I simply do not like the items. Her reason for the soiled clothes is that she thought it was best for someone else to wash the clothes in their own washing stuff.

christurboo
17-08-11, 01:11 PM
try taking pictures of the items and see if you can use them in the case aswell dont know if its possible though or just go kick her ****

Tanya.
17-08-11, 01:14 PM
try taking pictures of the items and see if you can use them in the case aswell dont know if its possible though or just go kick her ****

I've already taken pictures just in case :thumb: Not entirely sure if you can include them in a case though.
Don't tempt me lol

Ben
17-08-11, 02:10 PM
In my expeience eBay will side with the seller on this type of thing

Tanya.
17-08-11, 02:31 PM
In my expeience eBay will side with the seller on this type of thing

She does seem to think eBay are on her side as she's already spoke to them :(

Ben
17-08-11, 02:49 PM
I have sold thousands of items on eBay and it seems that items not as described is buyer beware, whereas no received or people saying they have not received are sellers problem, it got to a stage you could send a broken smashed item but recorded and eBay would side with the seller. It's a terrible system and hopefully they have reviewed it!

Bubba
17-08-11, 06:10 PM
by the sounds of it...they should side in your favor! if not you have her address ;)

Tanya.
17-08-11, 06:49 PM
by the sounds of it...they should side in your favor! if not you have her address ;)

I'm gonna be rather peeved if they don't! Not to sure Burgo will be too happy me traipsing up to Liverpool lol

Bubba
17-08-11, 06:57 PM
mmm maybe not the safest place to go lol. either that or wash em all, put em in smaller 5-10 item bundles n sell them off

mowgli
17-08-11, 10:35 PM
put it down to experience, and then stick a few wanted ads on the communnity boards in your local supermarkets... there are literally thousands of people trying to get rid of baby clothes... or try your local carboot sales.

Tanya.
19-08-11, 02:03 PM
put it down to experience

I have done now.
I've given up with her and just accepted a partial refund as she seems to think all babies are exactly the same and he'll be in 9-12 in a months time which puts her in the right and me in the wrong.
On the plus side it's free listing this weekend so i'll just bundle it up and sell it on.

Ben
19-08-11, 07:16 PM
my daughter is in 3-6 months when she was 6 weeks old! she is now the size of her 1 year old cousin lol

Tanya.
20-08-11, 09:56 AM
my daughter is in 3-6 months when she was 6 weeks old! she is now the size of her 1 year old cousin lol

Aww lol Daniel has been pretty bang on for going into the next size clothing. 6-9 months is still a touch too big for him yet so I don't 9-12 fitting him for a little while yet.

John
20-08-11, 10:05 AM
Agreed mowgli, car boots are the best places to buy and sell kids clothes :)

Andy
20-08-11, 11:03 AM
theres a local facebook selling page my mrs uses-shes sold dozens of bags on there and made alot of money,just fills carrier bags with certain ages then i deliver them when im out collecting window cleaning money.Does your area have one of them pages??

Tanya.
20-08-11, 11:48 AM
Agreed mowgli, car boots are the best places to buy and sell kids clothes :)

I've never actually thought of doing a carboot before

Tanya.
20-08-11, 11:49 AM
theres a local facebook selling page my mrs uses-shes sold dozens of bags on there and made alot of money,just fills carrier bags with certain ages then i deliver them when im out collecting window cleaning money.Does your area have one of them pages??

I've just deactivated my account. I might have a quick look though and see what I can find.

John
20-08-11, 12:16 PM
tanya, folks go mad for good clothes at car boots, last time the wife went we did quite well. The wife said as soon as she opened the boot, folks were pestering her.

Jack
20-08-11, 12:19 PM
Its like ebay, but IRL.

And cheaper too. lol

Tanya.
20-08-11, 12:27 PM
tanya, folks go mad for good clothes at car boots, last time the wife went we did quite well. The wife said as soon as she opened the boot, folks were pestering her.

I'll keep that in mind as there's a huge car boot just down the road for me. Most of his stuff he's never actually worn as I have a habit of buying lots lol

scott.parker
20-08-11, 12:27 PM

lol we did one a few weeks back, there "some" people who were trying to open my door when we got there and asking laptop Mobile phones... i was like **** let me get out the car first, they then went and rummaged through the couples next to us as they said they had some Nintendo DS's lol

Me and Carrie sold a fair bit, i made £50 odd quid, she made £60 it's worth doing, but you need to take things people want to buy (i know that sounds silly) but go look what people are buying and then try take that, as Carrie sold lots of cloths, i sold two old passat wheels with tyres, and a few games, and an old basketball ring etc..

As for ebay, you need to keep your wits about you, and fight for your rights, get your money back if they pull one on you etc.

Tanya.
20-08-11, 12:39 PM
lol we did one a few weeks back, there "some" people who were trying to open my door when we got there and asking laptop Mobile phones... i was like **** let me get out the car first, they then went and rummaged through the couples next to us as they said they had some Nintendo DS's lol

Me and Carrie sold a fair bit, i made £50 odd quid, she made £60 it's worth doing, but you need to take things people want to buy (i know that sounds silly) but go look what people are buying and then try take that, as Carrie sold lots of cloths, i sold two old passat wheels with tyres, and a few games, and an old basketball ring etc..

As for ebay, you need to keep your wits about you, and fight for your rights, get your money back if they pull one on you etc.

Most of the stuff at the carboots near me are tat. It is usually quite a bit of baby stuff and apart from Burgos car bits (which he'd kill me for selling lol) all I have really is baby stuff.

mowgli
20-08-11, 01:02 PM

its not that scary, but baby stuff is always plentiful & cheap...to buy... but don't expect miracles if you are selling it..

has your local area got a freecycle website?? sometimes there are brilliant things on there...

but like i previously said, our local supermarket boards are a fantastic way of buying/selling stuff....

i got rid of a large fishtank before christmas, and the card was only up for about 2 hrs. i'd already tried local paper, ebay & failed abysmally....

Lee
20-08-11, 01:20 PM

I hate that. last time I went for a mooch around a carboot, someone had a sign on his trailer which read 'seeing as you all seem to love rummaging around in my trailer before ive even stopped moving, feel free to carry on, i cant be bothered to set it all out now' lol

mowgli
20-08-11, 01:47 PM
/\ i always have my doors locked, and wait till they get bored & leave... it does have the feel of a zombie attack, all these people slowly moving en masse towards you etc....

Andy
20-08-11, 01:48 PM
Its a carboot sale for gods sake!! Not 28 days later filming!! lol

mowgli
20-08-11, 01:49 PM
you've obviously not been to croft car boot then.........

Andy
20-08-11, 01:51 PM
Ive been to enough in areas all over the north and none of them are like attacks you mention lol

mowgli
20-08-11, 02:00 PM
why do you think that bloke in leicester asked the council for its defence against zombie attack policy under the freedom of information act???? croft is really close to leicester....

Ben
20-08-11, 05:29 PM
I always get asked if I have any guns when I get to a car boot, I think oh ah perfect place to offload a couple of kalashnikov's!