PDA

View Full Version : Nuts and bolts?

gtachorley
16-08-11, 12:41 AM
I took my nova apart to do work on it a good while ago and all the nuts and bolts i have put in various tubs have been thrown out by accident :(

Where would I be able to buy the various bolts I need to put it back together struggling to find the suspension bolts for putting hubs back on and the little ones for the dash!

wwmnw
16-08-11, 12:47 AM
Welcome to my world lol lol

shed-on-wheels
16-08-11, 12:57 AM
and mine just go raid a corsa or tigra they the same lol

brainsnova
16-08-11, 01:28 AM
Vauxhall sell the bolts as far as I know.

Edd
16-08-11, 09:06 AM
Vauxhall do sell bolts, some suspension ones are NLS now tho

I just measured what length I needed and got some black high tensile ones from eBay when putting the Sport together

Halfords do dash screws as well if you get stuck

paul james
16-08-11, 09:59 AM
I was thinking the other day that it would be good if we could make a precise list on the site of all the various bolt and nut sizes needed for a Nova. I doubt Vauxhall carry everything now, the last time I went to my local vaux dealer the guy behind the counter gave me a look as if I was speaking a word from some lost ancient language when I said 'Nova'.

Its not just the length and head size of the bolts either, some like the suspension strut to hub bolts have thread only part the way up their length and a specific tensile strength. So theres potential for things to go nasty if you get the wrong ones.

Edd
16-08-11, 10:08 AM
I have a list for all the suspension bolts sizes and strength at home, I'll post it up, maybe could be a sticky in mechanical section?

Hobbit
16-08-11, 02:08 PM
A thread in articles would be better.

Alex J
16-08-11, 02:19 PM
i have done the same, went scrapping with my mate, and weighed in a load of cozzy parts and his tool box that was kept on the back of his transit by accidentlollol

pie
16-08-11, 02:20 PM
^^^ lol

moffat
16-08-11, 07:19 PM
im needing some aswell, seem to loose bolts all the time lol

pikey1986
16-08-11, 07:45 PM
ive got all the nuts and bolts needed to rebuild my nova, i just cant remember where they all go lol

7ova
16-08-11, 09:55 PM
try colin smith (novarally) i'm sure he will be able to supply you with anything/everything you need

Pistol Pete
16-08-11, 10:05 PM
I was just about to suggest the same!! ^

I need to have a sort out. So many left over bolts and screws from my build.

Paul
16-08-11, 10:08 PM
I bought all new ones from a fasteners shop.

Bubba
16-08-11, 10:10 PM
cant rep merris :( haha. i tried to keep all mine separate and in labeled bags...i know VW sell a complete car nut/bolt set for all fixings (bar engine internals) and im sure ive seen them on the bay for nova's...ill check a mo

MK999
16-08-11, 10:11 PM
I bought all new ones from a fasteners shop.

This, 8.8's will be fine for everything tbh, if it needs more strength it's got a bigger bolt in it, simples. Only thing to watch out for is shouldered bolts on suspension which help it locate more precisely.

Benn
16-08-11, 10:21 PM
Why would you bin anything???? Nuts and bolts more so.

Edd
17-08-11, 07:15 AM
The ones you'll struggle with are the ones that screw into the crossmember as there are a weird thread/pitch, there deffo NLS

all of mine I got from one seller off eBay, can't find the list ATM :(

Paul
17-08-11, 07:43 AM
Theyre only a metric fine thread. Not exactly weird.

Paul
17-08-11, 07:46 AM
Infact who would give me £30 for a complete nut and bolt set for a Nova? If people are really struggling to get nuts & bolts ill look into this.

paul james
17-08-11, 09:45 AM
Infact who would give me £30 for a complete nut and bolt set for a Nova? If people are really struggling to get nuts & bolts ill look into this.

I would, the convenience factor of getting it all in one go, and getting it all correct would be worth it for sure. As long as it did include like for like replacements for more crucial parts like the rear beam bush bolts, front strut to hub bolts etc. Even if I didn't need it all, having some spares is never a bad thing.

gtachorley
17-08-11, 11:46 AM
I would happly give £30, not many corsa/tigra shells where people will sell you all the suspension bolts as it stops it being a rolling shell. its the little one which has a V cust into it for example (see I cant even explain it well how am I gonna go into a shop n ask for it lol).

moffat
17-08-11, 12:25 PM

id give 30 for a complete nova nut and bolt set....

Paul
17-08-11, 12:29 PM
Ill look into it when i next get a day or two off work.

Benn
17-08-11, 12:46 PM
The ones you'll struggle with are the ones that screw into the crossmember as there are a weird thread/pitch, there deffo NLS

all of mine I got from one seller off eBay, can't find the list ATM :(

The ones that go top tie bar bracket in to the cross member? They are the same as xe flywheel bolts. Its what i have in mine, used them in there a few times and they can be bought from vx still at 80p each, or ask me for two as i have loads.

pikey1986
17-08-11, 03:05 PM
id also happily give £30 quid for a full set paul