PDA

View Full Version : Fuel not returning c20xe

Vausey
12-08-11, 11:41 AM
The fuel in my rail is not returning down the retun line.

Any ideas why it looks like a standard fuel rail and standard regulator the rould ones with breather on top...

also there are two small breathers on the throttle body one on the right goes to my reg and the one on left goes no where?

simonm
12-08-11, 12:52 PM
What fuel pump you got and have you tested fuel pressure also make sure the reg hasn't been crushed down on top some times people do this to try up fuel pressure on the cheap

Vausey
12-08-11, 01:01 PM
astra mpi one not sure what litre engine it was for but think i bought a 2ltr one.. and hmm not sure how would i be able to tell?

Vausey
12-08-11, 01:03 PM
Also could i run the mpi pump and an external pump? and when im in the car and you have run it and turned it off u hear like a big gulp like fuel going back into the tank, what could this be?

simonm
12-08-11, 01:32 PM
Not sure what the noise is it sounds odd but the first thing I'd suggest is try test your fuel pressure make sure you have enough to start with I presume the car is running ok or is there flat spots under acceleration

Vausey
12-08-11, 02:22 PM
i had a *aftermaket* fuel reg on it when i bought it and it had 2.5 ish bar..? and yes when you give it some throttle it fells like its underpowered till 6k revs then it goes like a rocked sorta same in every gear and it has flats spots too, like splutters/ hesitates then goes..

Vausey
12-08-11, 02:23 PM
also do you know if i could run an external pump aswell as a internal one..?

simonm
12-08-11, 03:33 PM
That's not really enough pressure you want about 4 bar aprox on mpi system never really seen two pumps being used like that before but some prob do I'd say your pump sounds to be a spi pump and isn't building enough pressure there fire not returning as the reg is staying closed to try build up the pressure and that would also cause bad flat spots

Riggy
12-08-11, 05:53 PM
2.5 bar is fine for a early xe ,

dont run 2 pumps together , if you have a mk3 astra mpi pump then it will be fine, as for the noise thats fine too it just the fuel in the pump ,

where about in yourkshire are you , ill try have a drive over and go over it for you?

Vausey
13-08-11, 11:09 AM
2.5 bar is fine for a early xe ,

dont run 2 pumps together , if you have a mk3 astra mpi pump then it will be fine, as for the noise thats fine too it just the fuel in the pump ,

where about in yourkshire are you , ill try have a drive over and go over it for you?

knottingley area code is wf11ojs if your cose?

Riggy
13-08-11, 11:30 AM
50 miles away , if you dont get sorted , im on early shifts this week , could prob make one day