11-08-11, 05:33 PM
can i legily put a early mk1 nova pasangers mirrer blank on my k reg mk2??:p

that is all

brainsnova
11-08-11, 05:37 PM
Looks better with both

Iain
11-08-11, 05:49 PM
I thought drivers side and one other was a legal minimum. I.e. drivers side and rear view. So I reckon it's OK.

I drove my Volvo around without a passenger one for ages and nobody said anything.

Nobby
11-08-11, 05:53 PM
yes in mot form as the minumum reqiurements are drivers and interior but if you have not got an interior you must have a passenger

ryansnova
11-08-11, 06:46 PM
well i think im going to be puting it on then :)

Paul
11-08-11, 07:41 PM
Why on earth would you want to do that?

Southie
11-08-11, 07:55 PM
mmm how odd, as above why bother?

ryansnova
11-08-11, 08:52 PM
i dont know actily i just fancy a mirrer blank and i have on enyway :)

Southie
11-08-11, 08:58 PM
Sell it then :p

ryansnova
11-08-11, 09:00 PM
i dont know what its worth lol

Southie
11-08-11, 09:05 PM
A chomp and a packet of monster munch lol

John
11-08-11, 09:13 PM
i dont know actily i just fancy a mirrer blank and i have on enyway :)

Use safari, it checks your spelling ;):plol

Jedro
11-08-11, 09:56 PM
I THINK the law is that if the car was made/regd without one its fine but removing it is technically illegal, not that any officer would know tbh

Spudly
12-08-11, 12:13 AM
Yes go right ahead and fit it, and reduce your nearside visability dramatically, make yourself ten times more likely to take someone out whist changing lanes, knock off a biker or motorbiker whilst turning left, go right ahead and be more of a danger to everyone else on the road, my hero:roll:

Jack
12-08-11, 08:21 AM
You'd hope that any sensible driver would look over his shoulder every time he makes a move to either side, thus spot said biker. Unless the biker is being a tosspot and skimming up the inside, or hiding in the driver's blind spot, or not paying attention to the car indicating to the left. But its ok, as no biker would ever do that. lol

But yeah. Bit of a daft idea IMO even if it is technically legal, I guarantee after pretty much everyone asks "has someone knocked your wing mirror off?" you'll soon get fed up and want it back!

Bubba
12-08-11, 07:24 PM
i hate having bikes behind me lol, i always hedge hug and let them pass

Spudly
12-08-11, 08:42 PM
Same here, there are many who will move out to block bikers which imo is selfish, dangerous and fcuking stupid, the way i see it is, a bike is coming past you no matter what, so you may aswell show a little courtesy and move over a bit, and make it a little safer for the biker to pass!

Nine out of ten riders will thank you for your efforts, some selfish nobs will not cos theyre just plain asses, but they will only say the same about the selfish car drivers that will not move over for them!

Jack
12-08-11, 08:54 PM
Oh yeah, I'd rather the biker was in front of me where I can see him than riding up my ass (ooer). The number of times I've looked behind to find a biker suddenly appear out of nowhere. The last thing I want if I jammed on the brakes in an emergency is some TRON wannabe come smashing through my rear windscreen.

Jedro
13-08-11, 04:14 PM
i always put a th!nk bike sticker with the big head on my rear window. i come from a family of bikers and always move in for them to pass.... know how it is when your on the back and the old tosser in his volvo thinks all of the road belongs to him, so he moves out. seen many a wing mirror get removed with the use of a foot lol