PDA

View Full Version : isuzu 1.7 td engine

thegingerwhinger
09-08-11, 10:31 PM
hi, im looking at fitting an isuzu td engine into my mk3 astra van to replace the low blow engine however the engine im looking at fitting has a black bosch box on fuel pump where the stop solenoid would be, i presume as an engine immobiliser with chipped key etc but can i run this the old way or would i need to change fuel pump etc etc? cheers in advance

Dervy
09-08-11, 10:50 PM
props might be best to get another fuel pump, if you can get one cheap, its going to easier then messing around with the immobiliser.

danderv
10-08-11, 06:14 AM
The black box just covers the stop solenoid so you can take it off but it has shear bolts so you will have to drill them out.You can get handy with a hammer and chisel but you need to be VERY careful not to break the top housing on the pump mate.

thegingerwhinger
10-08-11, 10:40 AM
Cheers lads will have a look

camels toe
10-08-11, 08:03 PM
Done this on my old gm lump and today on my isuzu lump.Like said you need to smash the black plastic off,and the 2 shear bolts.If you can chisel abit of space around the tops of them you`ll be able to turn them out using your fingers.Then theres one black wire coming out,you just need to connect that to the black wire in the plug,ignoring the other two wires.