PDA

View Full Version : jokers when selling car!!!???

srilrw
07-08-11, 06:59 PM
is it just me, but im selling my car on ebay and i keep getting these jokers sending emails sayin they will give me so much and they cant look at it but they will send a private courier to collect wtf???!!! wasting my time...

paul james
07-08-11, 07:23 PM
They would be scammers, no doubt in foreign countries. I assume with the idea being that you send the car and they don't actually end up paying anything for it. Just ignore anything like that straight away.

Personally I've never really liked the idea of selling a car on ebay, I've always just chucked an ad on relevent forums instead.

srilrw
07-08-11, 07:26 PM
They would be scammers, no doubt in foreign countries. I assume with the idea being that you send the car and they don't actually end up paying anything for it. Just ignore anything like that straight away.

yeh have done mate 1 was like im in new zealand and want 2 buy it 4 my son! i was like yeh OK!!

Phil_d
07-08-11, 07:37 PM
My mates just had someone try and scam him for his quad on ebay, its a project 90 percent finished worth about 500 quid, got an email saying i offer you 1000, then put 1250 into his paypal account before he had said yes, then sent him an email saying to get the funds activated send 200 to my courier based in nigeria :S he told him where to go and reported it to both paypal and ebay.

Hayley
07-08-11, 08:57 PM
I had someone call me when I was selling my car for £16k and offered £15k cash and he wanted to come to my house that night with the cash. I told him to come to my work (Police HQ) and strangely he declined! :roll:

Oh and I got a phone call about 2 weeks ago asking about my car and if it was still for sale...even tho I sold it over 3 years ago. The guy could only say the advert was still floating around on some forum he saw. :wtf: