PDA

View Full Version : wet seatbelt

swedge
05-08-11, 07:41 PM
my passenger side seatbelt is getting wet somehow when we have heavy rain, i though at first it was coming through the rear window rubber but then i remembered it dosnt have a gap between the outer and inner panel so no water can come though there

its getting wet when it fully rolled up behind the panel, theres no holes in the inner arches or anything

Nova_Tek
05-08-11, 08:49 PM
Water getting behind the rear quarter b pillar vent? or running inside the rear glass and dripping inside the rear wings?

mowgli
05-08-11, 08:49 PM
does it have a sunroof?

swedge
05-08-11, 09:00 PM
no sunroof, i dont know if it can com from the glass because if water came in behind the glass it wouldnt get near the seatbelt once its rolled up

Nova_Tek
05-08-11, 09:02 PM
Well it's running down from somewhere and dripping on to it. Best bet is to look around joins above the location of the seatbelt. Maybe running down from the inside of the roof skin?

swedge
05-08-11, 09:29 PM
yeah ill have a good look around, good job i wax oiled everything when i fitted the sills lol

Novasport
05-08-11, 09:32 PM
It will be the rear quarter window I bet. I had this on a Nova I had years ago as it had a new aftermarket quarter fitted and it wasnt a perfect fit so it leaked.

swedge
05-08-11, 09:40 PM
its never had a full querter just a arch repair panel, i might take the window out and have a look

craig green
05-08-11, 10:06 PM
I had a Nova that leaked at the window corner directly above the seatbelt.

Take the interior rear 1/4 side trim off & get someone to soak the car with a hose, you sit in & see................ simples.