PDA

View Full Version : Guess what i just got.....

Fergie_sfc
06-07-03, 01:20 PM
just got back from halfords and got me self a nice new head unit.

got the Pioneer - DEH-P6500r on finance(12 month)

only thing is, i cant tell my parents i got it caus they'd go mental. there already paying for my holiday caus they think i got no money, haha.....suckers!!!!

oh well, do you lot fink its a good head-unit? anyone with experience of it?

next come the install....... in 2 weeks i order 1-2 1000w 12" SPLx subs(SPL1210cc), with some infinity 6x9's and loads of wood!!!!

what infinity 6x9's do y'all recomend? please give model numbers so i can ring places and get quotes.

cheers,
Fergie.

dan16v
06-07-03, 01:30 PM
dont bother with ice its too heavy and slows you down! :lol: :lol:

Fergie_sfc
06-07-03, 01:35 PM
my cars slow enough as its only a 1.0L!!!

but this way it'll sound good and make me happy!!!

what you do with ya old engine and what was it?

i need a 1.6GSi A.S.A.P!!

fergie.

dan16v
06-07-03, 01:42 PM
i binned the gte lump as it was taking up room and sold my old 16v to twag im now putting my let in check out the post on here should be done soon!

personaly i dont like ice just gets nicked m8 i just got 6x9s and pioneer door speakers in myne, dont like the idea of the fact that some sub boxes weigh as much a a person lol

Neil.
06-07-03, 04:07 PM
just one question mate, what alarm u got?

Chris LR
06-07-03, 07:09 PM
Sorry but I have to find this amusing....

A car that has a stereo more powerful than it's engine just has to be laughed at, and pished on at the lights...

Ben (lurk75)
06-07-03, 11:27 PM
lol

back in the day had a massive install, but it does your head in after a while, just go for a set of 6x9 now in a shelf. Well thats in the golf anyhow as my nova has had every trace of a stereo removed, have took the dash out to remove the loom where it once was- excess weight :lol: :lol:

Saying that i bought a lovely set of 6x9's on Saturday for the Golf, got them damn cheap to (thanks to Wills bussiness account with uplands :wink: )

Fergie_sfc
08-07-03, 02:42 PM
yeah, got myself a Toad alarm with cat 2 imobiliser so my car aint goin know where!!!

i cant really say i like speed caus i've never been able to go that fast (111mph tops, got witnesses too!!) but having a heavy system will be good for the show and for meets and generally for long or short trips!!

i never race unles its a metro or a firsta anyway........... which i suppose is actually quite often!!! haha.

car will be boombing soon though!!

fergie.

Ste_Nova
08-07-03, 02:59 PM
yeah, got myself a Toad alarm with cat 2 imobiliser so my car aint goin know where!!!

bring it to billing and i will steal it :lol:

Dicko
08-07-03, 03:47 PM
so you have a bog standard alarm and a cat2 toad, or a cat1 toad with a cat2 toad imobliser

if its the 1st place bets now

i say it takes ste 45secs to get in, start engine and drive off. and youl be paying for stuf you aint even got for the next xxx months

on another note there not point having huge or expensive subs in a nova. just get something plain and reliable as there not designed for ice really