PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Issues

Dod
04-08-11, 08:33 PM
Ok, I've got an X14XE fitted to a Corsa B running an F13 box, I've just completed the conversion but I cant get the clutch to opperate. The engine origionally had a box with no markings (no way to identify it) apart from the Electro speedo reader but seeing as my car had cable clocks I changed to an F13. Now when you put your foot on the clutch, even though theres tension, it wont clutch and I cant get a gear. I've tried clutching it from the bay with the engine running but even at that I still cant get a gear. The clutch on the engine was grand and worked well, the same with the F13 on the old engine so what could the problem be?

Southie
04-08-11, 08:37 PM
Just get a clutch and flywheel from a Nova GTE ;)

Damo
04-08-11, 08:39 PM
is the clutch the original with the engine? also if youve had it out is it the wrong way round? has the box got an inspection plate maybe try taking the plate off if so and get someone to depress the clutch see whats happening.

Adam
04-08-11, 08:45 PM
Does the clutch pedal feel normal when you press it?

Dod
04-08-11, 10:09 PM
Ok, the Clutch that was with the engine is still on it and hasnt been removed. Its a Flat type flywheel thouhg. A GTE one isnt an option.

The Clutch Pedel feels normal but the pedel does sit very high in the car.

Steve0011
05-08-11, 08:32 AM
the fork that locates in the release bearing may have come out, if you have an inspection plate you maybe able to see.

Dod
05-08-11, 09:58 PM
Yeah I'm gonna have to go down that route although there is tension behind the clutch arm but time will tell I suppose.