PDA

View Full Version : BUYING ADVICE

Anonymous
08-01-01, 10:05 AM
Alright ladies...

I'm going to buy a 1.3sr sometime soon, and I need to know a list of things to check when I have a look at it, eg. bad rust spots, common faults, places that get bodged a lot etc etc...cheers ladz (and novachick if she replies;))

Ged@roybacer.co.uk

Anonymous
08-01-01, 10:49 AM
You'll get no advice calling us all ladies matey !! lol

Anonymous
08-01-01, 11:02 AM
go to www.png.co.uk and click on the nova. Then click on 'the car' on the left hand side. Then up the top on the far right click on buying guide and that should tell you what you're looking for

Anonymous
08-01-01, 05:54 PM
Look in engine bay for welding around sus tops and around that area.Also look for rust,weldings allright but try too knock off money if they don't know what there talking about.Look at rear arches for rust, alittle is fine but alot is alot of money.
Check under neath for rust at sills and especially bottom of doors.check for rust EVERYWHERE!!! Knock dosh off for any!Check interior for marks and see how clean it is.Does the mileage match the condition of the interior??Best bet is to try for a granny wagon=not rallied and regularily serviced.Check oil and timin belt
Hope this helps and give me a shout for more advice
Fraz

Anonymous
08-01-01, 10:15 PM
listen prick i aint no lady.
check spark plugs for oil. leaks around engine. all electrics. alternator is a big check point. check it goes like a bitch.