View Full Version : should i or shouldnt i ?????

Ditch p
03-08-11, 09:07 PM
after looking around here seing many a cracking car i have got into thinking i would like to do a little modding to my luxe,

all i want to do is fit a set of 30mm lowering springs and a set of the 13'' gm cross spoke alloy wheels but refurbed in gloss black...would i be spoiling the car or is original and standard the way forward :confused::confused::confused:

both alloys and spring's are coming from a mate for a bargain price if i go for them...

Andy
03-08-11, 09:15 PM
Your undecided on whether to "mod" a base model??

Ditch p
03-08-11, 09:18 PM
yes. it may be a base model but it's all original and totaly standard (has original dealer sticker in window, dealer number plates, dealer tax disk holder, all service schedule and what not from same dealer, original wheel trims etc etc etc), i like em that way but i just cant help thinking it would look really well with just a few little tweeks..

Jack
03-08-11, 09:20 PM
TBH, standard poverty spec Novas are rubbish, so most mods are a vast improvement.

If in doubt, just retain all the original parts so you can always put them back on come sale time.

Iain
03-08-11, 09:22 PM
Nothing you've said isn't reversible so go for it. It's not like a Nova on standard suspension is actually enjoyable to drive anyway.

Andy
03-08-11, 09:23 PM
TBH, standard poverty spec Novas are rubbish, so most mods are a vast improvement.

If in doubt, just retain all the original parts so you can always put them back on come sale time.
Amen
Although it amy be original etc,original base models,to my knowledge arent sought after in any way shape or form.
As Jack said,theyre absolute garbage till they have better stuff on.A standard Vauxhall Nova is a truly terrible ride so its 1billion % yes from me,lower it,better brakes,wheels,interior,engine-the lot.

Ditch p
03-08-11, 09:24 PM
thing is i brought it because it was a totaly original standard car...

ah well will keep an eye on the poll for a few days and see what the majority is saying as to see what i do...:)

TeddyThom
03-08-11, 09:25 PM
Nothing you've said isn't reversible so go for it. It's not like a Nova on standard suspension is actually enjoyable to drive anyway.

I dunno, I have standard suspension and a set of 14's with balloon tyres, t'is a lot of fun!! lol

wwmnw
03-08-11, 09:28 PM
No need to ask really, I agree with Iain about standard suspension being naff, I hated mine.

Jack
03-08-11, 10:23 PM
Amen
Although it amy be original etc,original base models,to my knowledge arent sought after in any way shape or form.
I dunno, I've seen some people pay big money for poverty spec factory fresh minters. Weirdos lol

MK999
03-08-11, 10:30 PM
I just had the grinder on an SR shell, strip it out, cage it and slap enough power through it to make you wee a little bit every time you put your foot down. I can guarantee it will be far more fun. lol

Jedro
04-08-11, 09:14 AM
i say yes, just basic mods, keep all the standard parts though. never know...

mk1nova_rich
04-08-11, 10:13 AM
I agree with Mk lol

TeddyThom...you say a standard Nova is a lot of fun?! Have you driven a modded one? Cos I guarantee they are miles more fun ;)

pie
04-08-11, 10:27 AM
lol mk999

Alex J
04-08-11, 10:47 AM
this vote is void as there isnt a burgo added in the vote!!

Ditch p
04-08-11, 01:48 PM
well it looks like the vote is going 1 way, suprise suprise...lol

Andy
04-08-11, 01:50 PM
I dunno, I've seen some people pay big money for poverty spec factory fresh minters. Weirdos lol

Thats when your parents need to sit down and have a word with you

Spudly
04-08-11, 05:02 PM
Thats when your parents need to sit down and have a word with you

A fukking case worker more like lol

Bubba
04-08-11, 07:36 PM
gsi kit and speedlines....keep it factory ;)

MattBrown
05-08-11, 09:45 AM
Im gonna say no.

You bought it because it was a totally origional standard car, so why not leave it how you bought it?

You picked that one for a reason, and to me seems a shame to take a perfect little nova, and modify it.

Take it to any classic show and people will enjoy it.

nova_saloon
05-08-11, 11:40 AM

and having stiff uncomfortable suspension is lol

scott.parker
05-08-11, 12:27 PM
I say go with SR steelies, ditch the toe bar, get rid of rot/rust patches, and just give it a cut back and polish the hell out of it, and fit some subtle suspension set up, shocks and springs, did this to my mk1 1.2 transformed it totally made it 90% better to drive IMO.

Scott

nova gsi ian
05-08-11, 12:39 PM
get modding that car fella and do not look back, any mods as mentioned on a standard nova is an improvement!.... 30mm drop is nothing! drop it more!...the alloys sound good, and what about a gsi kit ? would look a 1000 times a better motor, whatever you decide good luck bud.

mk1nova_rich
05-08-11, 02:07 PM
Im gonna say no.

You bought it because it was a totally origional standard car, so why not leave it how you bought it?

You picked that one for a reason, and to me seems a shame to take a perfect little nova, and modify it.

Take it to any classic show and people will enjoy it.

:wtf: Bull****, maybe if it was a mint very early base model but a 1991 Luxe is hardly a "classic" and not many people will get excited about it lol

No offence intended to the owner, but it will be at least another 10 years before a Mk2 is considered a classic (the GSi as an exception maybe)

pikey1986
05-08-11, 02:59 PM
I agree with rich, but do as scot says but include new bushes to replace the old origanals and youll have a decent ride wich isnt ott

Ditch p
10-08-11, 12:22 AM
i think i am going to keep it looking as standard as possible, there will be some definate tweek's in a few places like a slight drop and fit new bushes as it would definatley benefit from a better ride, change brakes for better quality stuff than what is on now to maybe sr/gte spec stuff, not going to bother with a body kit just keep it looking like it is with hidden uprated stuff....;)