PDA

View Full Version : ford focus running crap... help please...

Jedro
03-08-11, 07:38 PM
lass at work has got a 06/07/08 reg focus (cant remember the year) 1.6

its been running funning and the eml came on, had it to a "friend of the familys mechanic" and he fitted a new lambda....
few days later its running crap and the eml comes back on...
nitwit fitted the wrong one so got the rite one fitted, now its still running rough...
start it up and it shoots to about 2k and the revvs are just all over the shop

any ideas people :confused::confused::confused:

i was guessing it must be a sensor?

any help is much appreciated :thumb:

Jedro
03-08-11, 08:29 PM
sorry its a 05 plate not that its make much difference and the eml went out for 50miles or so when the new lambda was fitted but has now cam back on.....?

JShannon
03-08-11, 08:33 PM
Do these run an ETM (electronic throttle module) ? If so id be starting there and giving it a clean out with carb cleaner or the likes. Could be sticking open/closed

Jedro
03-08-11, 08:43 PM
ahhh, cheers JShannon, wd40 should be fine instead of carb cleaner yeah?

just incase its not that is there any other suggestions peeps?

cheers

simonm
03-08-11, 09:02 PM
Wd40 won't do the same as carb cleaner it'll leave a film of oil on and carb cleaner will clean it and dissolve and leave it clean and dry

JShannon
03-08-11, 09:04 PM
tbh fella i would be sticking to carb/parts cleaner. neverknow someone might be able to tell you spray oil will do, but ive never used it for this:thumb:

Joe

too slow lol see above

Jedro
03-08-11, 11:00 PM
totally different issue but my throttle body on my x16xe has been getting stuck shut when not used for a matter of hours, resulting in me having to stomp on the pedal to get it to open to work. is this because iv tried cleaning it twice with wd40 or because the circular part inside is actually fcuk'd??

cable has been cleaned out and oiled btw

JShannon
04-08-11, 12:06 AM
Clean with parts/brake cleaner is your best bet mate. cleaning with wd or other spray oils only leaves that film of oil for more dirt to stick to and clog up your TB. Oil the likes of the cable like you side but your best leaving the butterfly(??) on the tbs squeaky clean.

Hope you get sorted

Joe

MK999
04-08-11, 12:23 AM
totally different issue but my throttle body on my x16xe has been getting stuck shut when not used for a matter of hours, resulting in me having to stomp on the pedal to get it to open to work. is this because iv tried cleaning it twice with wd40 or because the circular part inside is actually fcuk'd??

cable has been cleaned out and oiled btw

Will be the mechanism, WD40 is not heavy duty enough for that, use a proper grease. Moly/CV grease will do it.

Jedro
04-08-11, 09:11 AM
rite chaps, cheers!! yous are a great help!! :thumb: i won another tb on ebay a few weeks ago just waiting for the ignorant git to let me know when i can go get it as its not far away

as for this focus..., any other suggestions? think shes going to take it to a ford garage today, no doubt will rip her eyes out.

mrT
04-08-11, 11:37 PM
make sure its a ford lambda you've used and not a replica one as there sh*t

Jedro
05-08-11, 11:22 AM
rite, shes had it into a ford garage (told her not too) but they said its the fuel pump, leads and plugs.......

£550 including VAT lol shes went ahead and paid the tale