PDA

View Full Version : Things to check on nova before mot ??

Wrightie-Nova
03-08-11, 04:45 PM
just wondering what to check common things ?

thanks

Rich
03-08-11, 05:04 PM
lights, wipers and washers. tyres, seatbelts

Royston
03-08-11, 05:05 PM
No rust/corrosion near critical items, like suspension/seatbelt mounts
Brake pipes are OK
The hand brake works correctly with no bind
The lights, wipers & washers work correctly
Tyres have tread/no decects

Could go on.........

Make sure the front number plate lamp is workinglol

Novasport
03-08-11, 05:46 PM
And the rear headlights Royston

mowgli
03-08-11, 05:48 PM
make sure the old certificate is folded over with a £20 inside it..........

seriously, check wheels, tyres, seatbelts, the horn & washwipe. etc....

scott.parker
03-08-11, 06:00 PM
All of they above, and that the hand brake cables not rubbing on the fuel line that joins the tank at the rear.

brainsnova
03-08-11, 06:14 PM
Check everything :thumb:

Andy
03-08-11, 06:20 PM
i never check anything,just take them as they are a week early then sort out the fail sheet.

Jedro
03-08-11, 07:43 PM
check theres no free play in the giggle-stick, tends to be a bit of bother lol
oj

joff-turbo-nova
03-08-11, 09:37 PM
I've had some possible fails on rear wheel bearings - I don't like to run them too tight, so I nip them up just before the MOT and wind them of slightly once its done.

Then its the stuff thats above - also had a fail on a non working horn once - the connector on the horn was corroded and between my house and the MOT place it snapped off !

Joff

pikey1986
04-08-11, 12:01 AM
I've had some possible fails on rear wheel bearings - I don't like to run them too tight, so I nip them up just before the MOT and wind them of slightly once its done.

Then its the stuff thats above - also had a fail on a non working horn once - the connector on the horn was corroded and between my house and the MOT place it snapped off !

Joff

i had a very similar thing happen to me but luckily my mate was doing the mot and put it down as an advisory :)

MK999
04-08-11, 12:12 AM
i never check anything,just take them as they are a week early then sort out the fail sheet.

I normally do this but do it 3 days late after I realise the MOT is due (normally "Mot is due" is interlaced with 4 letter words) then sort out the fail sheet after cycling to work for a week lol