PDA

View Full Version : Witnessed a funny accident tonight.

scott.parker
01-08-11, 06:30 PM
So went to see my missis outside her work, she works on high street in Stratford,
I'm pulled up on the side the road with hazards on, carries talking to me through my wound down window, then we here BANG! i look in my rear view to see a BMW M cab coupe with all it's door innards scattered across the road, and some ladies wing/door caved in, from what we saw the guy didn't look in his mirror or over his shoulder before opening his door and flung it into her wing while she drove past (max speed 20mhp)
He tried to claim she did it, but from her damage it was obviously him, els she would have hit his door end on/flat in side the door card with her front bumper, not half way down her car behind her wing to door gap!

This is why I'm very cautious when opening my door into the road.

Quick sketch. lol

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/8226/dscf3105n.jpg

Spudly
01-08-11, 06:42 PM
Awwww, Scott you failed, where was the camera fone lol

Damo
01-08-11, 06:44 PM
Fpmsl

Royston
01-08-11, 06:51 PM
He hasn't got a leg to stand onlol, it is an offence to open a door in the path of an oncoming vehicle, his fault;)

Spudly
01-08-11, 06:59 PM
All jokes aside, was the driver of the other car alright, bugs the hell out of me when people dont look before opening their doors, bmw plum was lucky it wasnt a cyclist as that wouldve caused serious injury!

Jack
01-08-11, 07:25 PM
Tony Hart would be impressed.

This is the reason why my old instructor used to say you should give cars enough of a wide berth in case some bellend inside opens the door!

Incidentally, did you make yourself known as a witness?

Jedro
01-08-11, 07:39 PM
hahahaha mint

did you know its also an offence to park facing the oncoming traffic with your lights on were you and the bmw would be in this case. presuming your not

marc69
01-08-11, 07:51 PM
think you should get a job as a pro artist, who needs a camera phone!

claire6069
01-08-11, 07:56 PM
hahahahaha what a prize plum lol

loving the sketch lmao

mowgli
01-08-11, 08:02 PM
a similar thing happened to my neighbour. it was 2 blokes running a scam though. i hope you did give a statement, as the scammers tried whiplash injury claims...my neighbour luckily had a witness who agreed that they had chucked the door open as she was passing.

Nobby
01-08-11, 10:11 PM
picture failure

Southie
01-08-11, 10:28 PM
I miss morph lol or Chaz for that matter.

scott.parker
01-08-11, 11:01 PM
hahahaha mint

did you know its also an offence to park facing the oncoming traffic with your lights on were you and the bmw would be in this case. presuming your not

What country do you live in?? we drive on the left mate.

PS: Carrie stepped forward to be a witness for the woman, And spud she was ok, though slightly shocked as she had given enough room, but due to the BMW being a coupe/convertable it's got massive long doors!

She also offered the woman a hug, and she took it..

grooge
02-08-11, 12:30 AM
All jokes aside, was the driver of the other car alright, bugs the hell out of me when people dont look before opening their doors, bmw plum was lucky it wasnt a cyclist as that wouldve caused serious injury!

too right, i've met a couple cyclists who have had it happen to them and the damage from hitting the edge can cut through them really badly, horrible injurys. also from the other side, woman round the corner from me opened the door and hit a cyclist and she was a nervous wreck for ages, affected her really badly. she was like a totally different person. wasnt nice