PDA

View Full Version : Any VW Nuts?

Angus Closier
31-07-11, 09:11 PM
OK so the reason the nova got broken was to take on a part built track car.

Was one of a pair of Vw cup beetles (This was the spare one...) And it has a 2l 8v in it.

Im really stuggling to find some performance parts for it, I need a few engine parts at the moment like Exhaust manifold + system, Twin carb manifold, Fast road cam.

Where do people buy there stuff from? Any help would be good.

Really cant be dealing with VW forums aswell.

Angus Closier
31-07-11, 09:44 PM
Any non spam? Reported btw.

mowgli
31-07-11, 09:49 PM
get on a vw forum..?

if the bay can't help.. why not try to source a vr6 or a 1.8t motor, as i'm sure they will be way more powerful & a lot cheaper to buy/use. the 8v 2.0 is hardly the performance option in the vw range.

adam c
31-07-11, 09:57 PM
Have you checked on the motorsport area of pistonheads classifieds?also maybe drop Colin smith a email and ask him what motorsport spares sites he uses?

D7AKE
01-08-11, 09:58 PM
Edition 38 is your friend....

Stanley
01-08-11, 10:56 PM
Whats the engine code?

Asa-James
02-08-11, 01:51 PM
edition isnt the answer. the issue with vw forums is they all know all and are the be all and end all (or roughly translated, a bunch of jumped up self important knobbers)

is it a new shape beetle? if so ditch the 8v and get a 225 BAM engine out of a TT (1.8 turbo) for a quick and easy upgrade

or if regs state it has to stay 8v and its the old mk3 engine theres plenty of bits out there. best thing to do is know your engine code and go hunting on the bay of e

also i'll have a word with Brownbear for you, he's an ex vw addict

Bean,
02-08-11, 06:27 PM
Get some pics up mate. It's not one of our old fun cup beetle's it? AKA Matrix racing?

Angus Closier
04-08-11, 07:15 PM
M
edition isnt the answer. the issue with vw forums is they all know all and are the be all and end all (or roughly translated, a bunch of jumped up self important knobbers)

is it a new shape beetle? if so ditch the 8v and get a 225 BAM engine out of a TT (1.8 turbo) for a quick and easy upgrade

or if regs state it has to stay 8v and its the old mk3 engine theres plenty of bits out there. best thing to do is know your engine code and go hunting on the bay of e

also i'll have a word with Brownbear for you, he's an ex vw addict

Thanks, yes that was what i ment by not wanting to be on the vw forums, as proven this place is much better even for non vaux.

I would put a 1.8t engine in but really would like to stay n/a im not after massive power. Also dont really want a v5......

Angus Closier
04-08-11, 07:17 PM
Whats the engine code?
Not sure i will check.

Angus Closier
04-08-11, 07:22 PM
Errm no its not. Sadly it had all the good parts removed that where worth somthing, like the cup bodykit etc. But it still has a good suspension set up etc. So a good base.

Have you pictures of the beetles you are talking about?

Bean,
04-08-11, 07:35 PM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dgmsp/2590571953/in/photostream/

Angus Closier
07-08-11, 03:00 PM
Where to find the engine number on the 2l 8v? (new shape beetle)