PDA

View Full Version : China Blue 1985 20SEH

Lynsey
31-07-11, 05:48 PM
1985 B-reg Vauxhall Nova 2-litre 20SEH

This Nova has been owned since 2007 when it was bought as a standard 1.2-litre base model. In 2008 it had a lot of work done on it and a 2-litre 8-valve 20SEH engine from a Cavalier SRi was fitted. The car has been used on and off since then and has proved to be very reliable. It’s even been all the way to the Alps! Due to other projects, it’s up for sale but will be missed.

TAX AND MOT
Almost a full 12 month’s MoT, four months tax.

ENGINE
20SEH From a J-reg Mk3 Cavalier SRi, In excellent condition, it had covered 112,000 miles when fitted earlier this year to replace the original SEH. No smoke, or rattles, it’s an excellent example of what’s becoming a rare engine. Torquey, and pulls like a train! The ECU is located inside the car along with the fuel pump relay. A cone filter is fitted. The exhaust is a Sportex item, hooked up to the downpipe by Welsh Coast Customs. The engine is mounted using a Chris Astley mounting kit. The fuel system is from a Nova GTE; lines, tank, and pump.

TRANSMISSION
This is an odd one (in a good way) the gearbox came from the donor Cavalier SRi, but I’ve never known any big block gearbox to be this short geared! Even the version found in the Belmont SRi isn’t as short as this. You’ll be doing just over 3000rpm at 60mph. The gears are very close, and this means superb acceleration. The box and clutch are all in good order. The driveshafts are hybrid inner CVs made by Andy Speck, and standard Nova driveshafts.

SUSPENSION
V-Maxx coilovers all round.

BRAKES
Cavalier SRi ATE callipers and 256mm Red Dot discs with Red Dot pads on front. Standard rear drums.

WHEELS AND TYRES
5.5x14 SR spec steel wheels with 185/55 Yokohama A539 tyres. Includes original centre caps for the wheels too! The wheels were bought brand new back in 2008.

SHELL
1985 Nova Base model. It was fully resprayed back in 2008, in original China Blue. There’s the odd rust bubble coming through, but nothing serious – it’s a 26 year old Nova after all! Importantly, this Nova is solid in all the right places. The chassis legs are excellent, the front end is solid, as is the floor, sills and bulkhead, and as you can see from the photos the bay was cleaned up and stitch welded prior to the 2-litre engine being fitted. The front end features an extremely rare GM Bodystylers front valance, one of only two known to exist!

INTERIOR
The seats are Recaros from a Mk1 Astra GTE and are probably the most comfortable seats ever fitted to a Vauxhall. The dash is the six dial GTE type with oil pressure and rev counter. The dashboard has been flocked in black. Carpets are grey. The rear seat is the standard one from the car, and is simply covered with a black throw. There is stereo wiring located inside the glovebox for a CD player (the car has a very rare stereo blank in the dash).

PRICE
£1500 ono. This has been a superb little Nova and will make a great car whether you wish to drive it as it is (it’s being used as a daily driver right now and it’s great fun!), or are looking for a project. It has a truly unique specification, we’ll be sorry to see it go but it has to make way for another Nova project.

Photos to follow...

Lynsey
31-07-11, 05:59 PM
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n225/lynz_sr/5896_150069311787_689876787_3930035.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n225/lynz_sr/147.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n225/lynz_sr/148.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n225/lynz_sr/169.jpg

Lynsey
03-08-11, 07:21 PM
Email lynsey.b@hotmail.com

marky-sport
03-08-11, 09:13 PM
this car has taken my heart, do you have any more pictures? of engine and work done? if so could you email some to mark_T_2k5@hotmail.co.uk thanks :)

Danny s-p
03-08-11, 10:32 PM
sorry for the hi jack but what front bumper is that i no it like a snow plow

Connor
04-08-11, 02:42 AM
sorry for the hi jack but what front bumper is that i no it like a snow plow

The front end features an extremely rare GM Bodystylers front valance, one of only two known to exist!

mk1nova_rich
04-08-11, 10:30 AM
Please empty your inbox Lynz :thumb:

Lynsey
04-08-11, 05:25 PM
Emptied. Emails being responded to now. Cheers :thumb:

Lynsey
05-08-11, 06:41 PM
Interior and engine bay photos to follow.

Lee-1984
18-12-11, 08:56 PM
still for sale?

Sav F
18-12-11, 11:15 PM
THAT. LOOKS. AWESOME! love the rims aswell, gonna have to upload some pics of mine when im happy with it