PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Diesel problem

NoVaBoOt26
30-07-11, 12:22 AM
Anybody know what's up with my turbo? Basically as soon as you get to boost u can here the turbo squeeling/whistleing?

MK999
30-07-11, 12:28 AM
Anybody know what's up with my turbo? Basically as soon as you get to boost u can here the turbo squeeling/whistleing?

It's called turbo whistle and perfectly normal.

NoVaBoOt26
30-07-11, 08:12 AM
It's never done it before, doesn't really sound healthy if ya know what I mean..

Jack
30-07-11, 01:56 PM
Check all your boost pipes, whistling is often a sign of a leak

MK999
30-07-11, 04:00 PM
It's never done it before, doesn't really sound healthy if ya know what I mean..

If it's suddenly started then there's a difference between normal and excessive whistling too lol

windfreek
30-07-11, 06:18 PM
could also be the turbo bearings or the impeller has sheared....

do you have a boost gauge on it by any change?

NoVaBoOt26
31-07-11, 03:31 PM
could also be the turbo bearings or the impeller has sheared....

do you have a boost gauge on it by any change?

Ye I have a boost gauge, ill have to check all the pipes but it sounds quite squeely n ruffish on full boost :S

windfreek
01-08-11, 11:34 AM
Ye I have a boost gauge, ill have to check all the pipes but it sounds quite squeely n ruffish on full boost :S

have you done a oil change on it any time recently, also try taking the inlet pipe off the turbo and try to check the bearing on the tub, spin it by hand and try to see if there is any free-play in the bearing/impeller also is your guage still showing the same boost under load than it was before the noise arrived?

NoVaBoOt26
01-08-11, 10:31 PM
have you done a oil change on it any time recently, also try taking the inlet pipe off the turbo and try to check the bearing on the tub, spin it by hand and try to see if there is any free-play in the bearing/impeller also is your guage still showing the same boost under load than it was before the noise arrived?

I'm going to do an oil change this week... ill have a look at the turbo when I do the oil change. Cheers windfreek

Dervy
03-08-11, 12:27 AM
mine did this it just started doing it one day. i ran it for about 2 weeks and it just got worse, it was boosting fine with no excesive smoke but was just getting louder, i put another turbo on it and the noise went, so the turbo was obviously nackered

NoVaBoOt26
03-08-11, 10:57 AM
mine did this it just started doing it one day. i ran it for about 2 weeks and it just got worse, it was boosting fine with no excesive smoke but was just getting louder, i put another turbo on it and the noise went, so the turbo was obviously nackered

Sounds the same... iv looked for turbos already and I can't find any

pikey1986
03-08-11, 03:10 PM
do you have an izuzu lump or the crappy low blow motor? surely their is plenty of them knocking about in the scrappies

NoVaBoOt26
03-08-11, 10:00 PM
do you have an izuzu lump or the crappy low blow motor? surely their is plenty of them knocking about in the scrappies

1.5 Isuzu Turbo Diesel. no man they are scarce round me :(

roperstun
05-09-11, 09:53 PM
ive got a 1.7td turbo the RHF4 if you want to purchase a new turbo