PDA

View Full Version : Trial fitted my let 2day!! (pics)

dan16v
05-07-03, 06:06 PM
finaly managed to be arsed to trial fit my let 2day so i can weld up my f28 mount! first time ive done this and it was well easy! cheers for peps that say do it your self as it was real easy!-- obviously it will be harder with the manifolds on etc etc!, oh and i know in one pic the engine looks abit pissed! that wasnt its final position!
and suprise suprise i had to mod the pvd kit!!! the mount brkt clashes with the clutch lever arm :lol:

http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=1247

http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=1249

http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=1248

the bottom pic is the pvd mount cut away :roll:

Ben (lurk75)
05-07-03, 06:10 PM
Engine bay looks very clean.

Why did you not just fit it and only do the trial effort?

hotdogs_r_us
05-07-03, 06:12 PM
very nice :P
But anit u the guy with the lovely Red 2.0 16v nova?

Is this another one? ( hav u still got the red one )

:+:

ollster
05-07-03, 06:12 PM
lookin good mate, its comin together now. That engine hoist looks like a beast, is it made for changing sherman tank engines :lol:

dan16v
05-07-03, 06:14 PM
coz i didnt want to weld the brkt with the engine in place with arc lol got stitched up by a m8 which was meant to be lending me a mig welder (twag!!!!) so i had to use arc lol, and my dad hasnt finished machinig me my lsd spacers to allow it to fit into the f28 from the f20 so i thought just trial fit it then i no i can do a proper good job when the turbo is on etc

Ben (lurk75)
05-07-03, 06:17 PM
Fair enough.

dan16v
05-07-03, 06:19 PM
red one was Rick drapers! this is myneVVVVV

http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=1014

brian
05-07-03, 06:21 PM
nice clean engine bay dan.
i bet yer gettin eager now to get it driving!

hotdogs_r_us
05-07-03, 06:25 PM
ok looking nice

Rick Draper
05-07-03, 07:11 PM
Looking very nice Dan, have you got any pics of where the mount will fit on the chassis leg? Do you still want me to send you the sizes of the intercooler i had made? Rick

dan16v
05-07-03, 07:46 PM
yes rick ill get sum more pics up later!
and yes please if you could get me the sizes for the intercooler as then i can forward them to hte bloke making myne :wink:

_Ben_
05-07-03, 08:06 PM
Is that Howell Jones' old Nova? If so, she's still looking mint!

Ian
05-07-03, 08:55 PM
http://mig.lathwood.co.uk/upload/p/pvd.gif

Jules
05-07-03, 11:16 PM
Is that Howell Jones' old Nova? If so, she's still looking mint!

Looks like it, I was gonna ask the very same question - going off topic a bit, but _ben_ is your Nova gonna be ready for VBOA next weekend (If you're going?)

:roll:

_Ben_
06-07-03, 10:22 AM
Hi mate.

Nah K95 wont be in attendance :( Waiting for some Omega pistons to be made, bummer eh?

Will let you know when its back on the road, bloody soon hopefully - I'm missing driving!!

dan16v
06-07-03, 12:40 PM
yup it is howells old one!
the pic below is where the brkt would have clashed! cant believe i had to mod something which is almost ?400 in the first place :lol: would have thought m tech would have sorted this!

http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=1256

oh well should be in v soon doubt if it will be done by billing if it is it will only be on std power and std intercooler :cry:

cheers to mikesri for giving me a hand 2! even if he did do fcuk all all day part from pick vynal off a sri :lol:

mikesri
06-07-03, 01:42 PM
cheeky cnut!!! I was helpin.... who took all the pics???? who jacked the car up???? who helped lift the engine outta your garage????? :lol: :lol:

If you pull your finger outta your arse you could get the engine in by next weekend!!! Just get your shims sorted pronto!!!!! :P

dan16v
06-07-03, 01:45 PM
cant rush it! :lol: may aswell do it right 1st time! i need my hose kit aswell not just the shims!

Rick Draper
07-07-03, 01:51 PM
Dan do you have access to a fax machine? If so i will fax you the drawings of my intercooler. The overall size of it is 840mm long, 180mm high and 65mm thick, with the pipes exiting from the back of it, its quite a lot of work to fit it as i am having my lower front pannel cut flat and re-enforced witha fair bit of additional metal work and i have had the towing eye removed. I think the forge motorsport universal one with the pipes exiting at either end fits nicley behind the bumper as i have seen this used on a lime green one. Rick

Freak
07-07-03, 04:22 PM
Hi mate.

Nah K95 wont be in attendance :( Waiting for some Omega pistons to be made, bummer eh?

Will let you know when its back on the road, bloody soon hopefully - I'm missing driving!!

Not K95VHD is it???? formerlly Garry hopes nova?

f*cking minter if it is- one of my favourite novas ever........ :D

Ste_Nova
07-07-03, 05:42 PM
yup it is howells old one!
the pic below is where the brkt would have clashed! cant believe i had to mod something which is almost ?400 in the first place :lol: would have thought m tech would have sorted this!

http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=1256

oh well should be in v soon doubt if it will be done by billing if it is it will only be on std power and std intercooler :cry:

i might be right here or not.... r u sure the mount that fixes to the car isn't upside down???

mikesri
07-07-03, 05:53 PM
It cant be as if it were up the other way there'd be no thing to weld it too.
you couldn't weld any thing any further down than that. :)

mikesri
07-07-03, 05:55 PM
The diagram that comes with the kick shows it to go in that way.

_Ben_
07-07-03, 07:01 PM

Thats the jobbie, not as mint as I'd like it to be! Its in the body shop for a tidy up and am rebuilding the engine - SBD are doing most of that work though.

dan16v
08-07-03, 12:07 PM
thanks Rick i think i will go for the forge 1 680x160x75 how come you decided to do yours the hard way! :D does look a good i dea tho as the intercooler would sit perfect with that design
dan

Vaux Crayzee
08-07-03, 02:18 PM
forget it mate.. dont bother continueing.. or when you finish.. leave the forums... cause all these guys will just decide to flame you and call you all soorts then ban you if you ever mention racing this thing..

*which is obviously what you intend to do, cause there is NO other reason to have a 2.0 turbo with over 200bhp in acar of that size... NONE at all

wisewood
08-07-03, 02:30 PM
which is you opinion because you are into racing it.
racing a 2.0 16v turbo nova on the roads is just pure madness, very few people have the skill required to keep control of it at high speeds.

in all the time you have been using the site you have seemed alright, a bit arrogant at time but other that no real problem. all of a sudden you start arguing, getting personal and insulting people and then slag off the site and its members.

you dont like it here - simply dont bother finding ways around the ban that we have put on you anymore and leave it at that.

dan16v
08-07-03, 02:43 PM
wisewood was that post you made aimed at me? :o

as for racing-- knobish-- yes i will prolly have a few races but going by the fact i use the car only in the summer and summer wk ends must show i havnt built it for driving like a tosser? or else id be in it 24/7! i want it to play with at pod etc

racing is stupid i only realy go fast on clear motorways etc as to not endanger other people :wink:

dan16v
08-07-03, 02:47 PM
if its aimed at vauxhall crayze or wat ever then fair enuff!

all i say to him is as for me getting flammed and bitched dont see why ive meet a fair few members at meetings etc and got on fine with every 1 if you are polite to others others want to help you in return! :!:

wisewood
08-07-03, 02:49 PM
:D there you go you see!!!

Cars lookin good by the way dan :D

Rick Draper
09-07-03, 03:57 PM
Dan i did it the way i have to make the lower mouth and then some full of intercooler and it looks very tasty now. Just need to get the hole tapped out on the F28 and a speedo sensor fitted onto it. O and rebuild my engine but that will have to wait till i am better. Rick

dan16v
09-07-03, 11:45 PM
yea but Rick havnt you flogged it?!

as i said the way youve done it will be spot on as u can then use more of the lower mouth!
i come up with a plan on the front bumper! :D

tapping the 2holes was easy but i found i needed to cut down the bolts abit! and chop my pvd kit about! maybe coz im not running pvd d/s engine mount tho :?:

Will
09-07-03, 11:56 PM
yea but Rick havnt you flogged it?!

lol :D

Rick Draper
10-07-03, 09:58 AM
:roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: Who knows Dan, who knows! Rick

dan16v
10-07-03, 11:43 AM
maybe some one couldnt let go------- :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops:

frog_southampton
10-07-03, 12:00 PM
like the plate...

a 2ltr nova ;)

dan16v
10-07-03, 12:14 PM
yea that was a bargain! did u see me once in town?

nuttynovas
15-07-03, 12:22 AM
Howell Jones here!

What are you doing to my lovely car!!!!! :cry:

Nah just messin.... well done Dan keep up the good work.

Would be nice to see it at an event when finished! Trax maybe???
:wink:

dan16v
15-07-03, 11:07 AM
i will try to get it done for trax!!!!!!!!!! if i can be bothered! :lol:

Rick Draper
15-07-03, 11:36 AM
lol Dan i am aiming for the PNG show for mine as i am racing the weekend of Trax. However people will possibly see my nova go flying past them on my way back up the M1 (as they leave trax) at warp factor 10 doing a bit of top speed testing on my favorite private road! Rick

Jim
15-07-03, 12:25 PM
lol Dan i am aiming for the PNG show for mine as i am racing the weekend of Trax. However people will possibly see my nova go flying past them on my way back up the M1 (as they leave trax) at warp factor 10 doing a bit of top speed testing on my favorite private road! Rick

Careful you don't blow it up :P

Jim

dan16v
15-07-03, 10:43 PM
careful you dont get banned like me :lol:

id like it done by trax ie all on the evo 5kit running proper and i need to get one side re-sprayed due to stone chips :(

PeteG
15-07-03, 11:14 PM
looks like lots of good work there chaps,keep it up. 8)

mikesri
16-07-03, 04:07 PM
id like it done by trax ie all on the evo 5kit running proper and i need to get one side re-sprayed due to stone chips

Stone chips????? OR is it the rust on the rear arch coming through!!! :lol: :wink:

dan16v
16-07-03, 06:10 PM
at least myne will be re sprayed and no rust where as yours has just been fully re sprayed with rust left in it and more runs that niagra falls :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ben (lurk75)
16-07-03, 06:39 PM
:lol:

lmao

people in glass houses....

Jules
16-07-03, 08:21 PM
Hi mate.

Not K95VHD is it???? formerlly Garry hopes nova?

The very same, I notice only me and Andy Bishop (I think) were the only 2 to put K95 _Ben_ in our top Nova list!!!
But yeah you're so right Freak, It is Gary Hopes old one and if I had the money it would be my car and not Bens ( :P ) as I have loved that car for years, It's an absolute minter and I hope to God it's gonna be at Trax this year as that's the only other show I'm gonna be at until PV 04!! So how about it _Ben_?

Rick Draper
16-07-03, 08:31 PM
I wish someone would post some pics of K95 as i have never seen a proper pic of it! Dan you shud see all the stone chips over my car, its a right mess at the moment! Rick

dan16v
16-07-03, 11:16 PM
lost on k95? gen plz!
Rick stone chips suk ass that why i only run my car at wk ends less shit than during the week as thats how i use to get chips following dicks to work mon-fri! luckily i dont have to use my car for work!
havng sum probs with v-tuning at the mo as they think coz i have head work and using the z20let injector set up i may* need 5th injector port. i dont realy wanna run it tho as it cost shit loads!
nxt weeks shopping list;
v max fuel pump
v max cam shaft and pulley
uprated actuator 8)

Jules
16-07-03, 11:58 PM
Couple of pics, I'll let _Ben_ fill in the techy details.

First looked like this :
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/julian.sumner/Gary%20Hope.jpg

With this under the bonnet :
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/julian.sumner/Ben%20Engine.jpg

And it now looks kinda like this :
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/julian.sumner/Ben%20Rear.jpg

(Note the rear wiper arm - Any ideas? I'm pretty sure it was a one off jobby)

dan16v
17-07-03, 12:17 AM
that is lovely! love the wheels 8)

Rick Draper
17-07-03, 09:05 AM
That looks very, very, nice. I bet he cannot wait to get it back on the road again! Rick

nuttynovas
17-07-03, 09:43 PM
Yes the wiper was a one off but if you want one the same a Toyota Starlet wiper fits with little trouble! :wink:

_Ben_
17-07-03, 09:50 PM
Sorry peeps - I didn't realise there were more posts, didn't get any further email notification!

I really can't wait for it to all be back in my garage, albeit in pieces. Shell WILL be back Saturday-week. Has been in for some general tidy up work and some extra vents in the bonnet (bay gets way too hot in traffic)

The engine is taking forever, was a 3-4 week wait for the pistons alone, now I'm just waiting for the builder to get on with shimming the head.

Jules, TRAX is in September isn't it? K95 really shouldn't be held up any further than the end of July so all fingers are crossed!

(which wheels do people prefer, Alessios or RL7s? I get some jip from the guys at work over the gold colour...)

_Ben_
17-07-03, 09:52 PM
the rear wiper is a normal nova GSi one which has been shaped, took me a little while to figure that out :oops:

Rick Draper
17-07-03, 10:12 PM
I like the Raceline RL7's far more than the speedlines, the gren and the gold just look proper bo i tell the. Rick

_Ben_
17-07-03, 10:36 PM
lol, after this engine build I wont be able to afford new ones anyhow!!

Heh.

Rick Draper
17-07-03, 10:46 PM
Why are you having the engine rebuilt if you dont mind me asking? Also have you got any idea what bhp it was putting out? get some pics and a feature of it up on novaload when you get it back! We want to see more, more, more :lol: Rick

dan16v
17-07-03, 11:11 PM
yup keep the gold wheels! usualy they look pimp n gay but on yours they look fab, realy suit the colour of the car!

Rick have you heard n e gen on the v max evo 6kit? as v tuning say i need to run oil spray bars etc and wallace say i just neet the 5th injector kit and water injection!
cant make up my mind! spose i could also buy evo 6 and run it at evo 5 power? just dont like the idea of running a constant 22psi
are you still on eds?

Jules
18-07-03, 08:02 AM
Jules, TRAX is in September isn't it? K95 really shouldn't be held up any further than the end of July so all fingers are crossed!

Yes it is, can't remeber the exact date but I *think* it's Sunday the 14th (?)

(which wheels do people prefer, Alessios or RL7s? I get some jip from the guys at work over the gold colour...)

I liked it with the Speedline's but I like it more with the RL7's the gold really suits the gold tinge in the Rio Verde green.
8)

Rick Draper
18-07-03, 09:25 AM
I aint even brought a chip setup for my car yet but to run Vmax evo 6 setup you will need oil spray bars, steel rods and other bits. I think i am going for the evo 5 setup or phase 3.5 from EDS and then i will start saving the pennys for some proper mapable management like Autronic as this is where the big power is. Rick

_Ben_
18-07-03, 03:35 PM
Why are you having the engine rebuilt if you dont mind me asking? Also have you got any idea what bhp it was putting out?

Had a leak down test and bore scope done at SBD (in preparation for a live road map). Turned out that two of the bores were scored and causing a 10% leak. After further investigation there was no point in going ahead with a map with the engine in anything other than tip top shape. Steve at SBD had a perusal at the cam timing (QED 450) and on brief inspection he estimated that it would be lucky to be seeing 200 bhp. The engine wasn't set up very well at all by the previous owner imo, which is a shame because the rest of the car is put together really well.

Rick Draper
21-07-03, 01:55 PM
You got the mount welded in yet Dan? Rick

dan16v
22-07-03, 12:11 AM
:( no rick cnat be arsed to look at the car tbh lost intrest till to day ordered a few v max goodies n stuff may weld it in this week on my 5th week off work :lol: i need sum inspiration lol

Rick Draper
22-07-03, 09:56 AM
I aint even seen my car for over 2 weeks now dan! lol Got the engine in bits in my garage still and bits scattered everywhere and i cannot do anything at all to it as i need to take it easy! Rick

dan16v
22-07-03, 11:27 PM
lol taking it easy! the first thing peps at work will say after my 5weeks off will be 'u must have your engine in by now as thats y uve been off sick lol'

well may buy a phase 3.5 kit 2moz abit cheap but worried bout melted piston and blown ecu stories! :lol:

Rick Draper
23-07-03, 09:59 AM
LOL i got a sick note yesterday for another Month off work! I think i am going to go for Vmax management but the phase 3.5 kit does give slightly more performance. Then again so does Autronic management but thats ?????. Hopefully i will have the gearbox mount welded in at the end of this week or the start of next week. Rick

dan16v
23-07-03, 02:52 PM
Rick im gunna be prolly on the v max pump n running gear but a phase 3.5 kit with uprated map sensor as i may be able to get the kit cheap!

dan16v
23-07-03, 08:41 PM
FINALY welded in my mount 2day! :D
Rick looks like my spec will now be z20let injectors, v-max pump and actuator
eds phase 3.5 with the 12position power wheel and uprated map sensor as i can get this kit for around ?400 new never used!
person i may get it off is turning to stand alone as he wants more power.

not sure if i should still run the xe inlet cam and vernier that ive already ordered now tho :roll: -- i heard it gives a couple a horses tho and allows better air/fuel mix?
also gunna go for the aqua mist 2 be safe :o

Rick Draper
24-07-03, 09:37 AM
Get some pics of it up then Dan! Hopeing to go and see my car today but not a lot will have been done on it as i am still waiting to get my mount back from someone who borrowed it. Rick

Rick Draper
02-08-03, 02:20 PM
Dan what a pain in the fucking arse this shit is! Nowt ever fits right and i am sick of it. How level does your engine sit? I am going to try and get mine spot on level when the mount is welded in but its proving quite hard to get everything to sit nice. Rick

Ste_Nova
02-08-03, 04:44 PM
the front and rear mount are fixed... fit them then jack the engine and weld the f28 mount

dan16v
02-08-03, 05:03 PM
Rick all i done was done up both mounts ie bak of gearbox and engine one then used a jack to level the engine out the hardest part was finding something to square the engine against as my drive is not dead level so i couldnt use a bubble type level!
how is your kit fitting up ie using all m tec?
dan

Rick Draper
03-08-03, 10:31 AM
I am sick of the site of my car and would love to burn the fucker! :lol: Its doing my head in as nnowt is easy to do on it, and its proving hard to get the mounts to fit how i want/need them to fit, but hopefully it will be all welded and painted by this coming weeked then i can have the new syncros fitted in the F28 and fit the engine. Rick

Rick Draper
03-08-03, 11:48 AM
http://www.novaload.net/images/car_images/139big6.jpg

Dan there is a pic of my mount and the position it will end up in, the mount seems to be pressed up tight to the strengthning plate up to now but it shud be a lot better when the plate is taken off, so thats been done this week. Rick

dan16v
03-08-03, 04:26 PM
Rick that looks the same position as myne! think im gunna dress the chassis leg back a tad tho so the mount doesnt knock against it as you say its hard up against the leg! looks like its getting there now tho! should re fit my engine nxt week i hope :roll:

Rick Draper
05-08-03, 05:12 PM
Dan my mount is been welded in this afternoon but it has been quite extensivley modded to make it fit as the guy who was welding the mount in was very unhappy with the fit of the parts so he cut them up and made a hybred mount! Its currently tacked in place and i have some pics of it so i will post the pics later on and i am going to get another already modded mount made up in time but i want my car back on the road first then i will get a template for the mount made up and a new mount for me!. Rick

dan16v
05-08-03, 07:50 PM
sheer quality of m tec eh?! :lol: that m tec kit is wank imo and the box mount is an utter bodge! they could at least inc the cav rubber mount for god sake!
well dont rekon my car will make traxs thanks to quafe-- bunch of wankers! ive had enuff of this bollox its one problem after another should have left it as a 16v n/a :evil:

Rick Draper
06-08-03, 12:03 AM
Welcome to the world of turbo ownership dan! Whats wrong with the Quaife? There is over a month till trax though. Rick

Ste_Nova
06-08-03, 10:07 AM
well dont rekon my car will make traxs thanks to quafe-- bunch of w**k! ive had enuff of this bollox its one problem after another should have left it as a 16v n/a :evil:

i told u getting an f28 diff was a better idea

dan16v
06-08-03, 05:08 PM
i have the spacer but they wont/cant tell me the preload requirement they are a bunch of faggots same as v tuning tried foning them all i got was some dick with his music rite up, was saying hello he was saying sorry i cant hear you! i was like turn the fcuking tunes down then, in the end i hanged up. twat :evil:

Rick Draper
07-08-03, 11:32 AM
What you going to do then Dan? Send the whole box to V tuning for them to preload or try and sort it out yourself? My engine shud be refitted within about 2 weeks as the box is going tor its new syncros andbits and bobs and i just need to fit the sump and loom to the engine then that can be fitted. Just got to do 1k in this manor http://mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm To break the engine in! Rick

dan16v
07-08-03, 04:56 PM
i want to do the box myself ive heard v tuning put topbuzz's f20 lsd in his f28 so they may produce the spacers!
are your syncros fuked Rick? hmm not sure about running my egine in like that tho! :lol: