PDA

View Full Version : how well do you know novas?

waynes sri
25-07-11, 10:40 PM
as above really a need help off someone thats in the know lol.many problems with this nova running now and changed aa few things.but like today got in it after been stood a week and it was just turnin over then when it fired at to keep revs on or would just cut out but if i rev it without holdin the revs will cut out but smells just like ive poured petrol eveywhere lol.but also can a fuel pump be wrong like too poweful? as a had a new one on and it went back as it was knacked so when he gave me a new one said here this bit more powerful so can that put too much fuel in??

vauxluva
26-07-11, 07:50 AM
Ditch the injection,twin 40,s job done. Sorry wayne i have only ever really worket on carbs.have you had it hooket up to a diagnostic machine.I spend hours trying to keep my mates blue corsa 1.2 1.6v running just would not tick over. 5 minz on the machine it was throtle sensor or sum crap,ten min fix. Hope this helps wayne.

vauxluva
26-07-11, 07:54 AM
Paul ross rotherham auto tune he is mobile,never had any problems with him. what is the pump off and why did you not just buy a s.r.i pump? im geussing its £££

marc69
26-07-11, 10:51 AM
checked all fuel pipes, gaskets etc? My injection Nova idled like crazy a few times (4000rpm). On investigation, the stepper motor was sticking. Don't know if this helps?

Riggy
26-07-11, 11:31 AM
have you got a spare afm to try ?

waynes sri
27-07-11, 09:19 AM
have you got a spare afm to try ?

Wats afm riggy not ryt smart wen cums to these things lol.. Tis a sri pump luke as they fit a few things 2.0 etc

waynes sri
27-07-11, 09:25 AM
Afm a get ya now no a dont have a spare someone said could be fuel reg??? See works fine if you use it every day

phazer
27-07-11, 04:44 PM
SRi doesn't use an AFM, it has a MAP sensor, something I suggesting checking ages ago. If the pipe is split, wiring damaged or the sensor is duff it causes massive overfuelling. Same if the lambda sensor is goosed. Fuel reg is possible, but it would be more likely that your vacuum hoses are no good - there is a one way valve on the brake servo that has take offs for the map sensor, carbon canistor and maybe the reg (though this could be taken from the inlet I can't remember).

Check all of your hoses in great detail looking for splits. Check the map wiring (it's the thing on the bulkhead with the green connector) and see where you go from there.

waynes sri
27-07-11, 05:57 PM
I have put a new map sensor on we u said about it but ill check the pipes etc to it again an see if anything looks split etc

mowgli
27-07-11, 06:34 PM
get it to a garage. you have had a ton of trouble with this engine, and you shouldn't have. its a very easy engine to play with.. smelling of petrol usually means a leak.

just get a professional to sort it.

John
27-07-11, 09:11 PM
have you tried a cts?

phazer
27-07-11, 10:19 PM
Mike's right this engine and its management is very straight forward. A garage will probably sort it in no time.

waynes sri
28-07-11, 08:23 AM
Ill after try get a tuner bloke out wi a bit of kit as theres no leaks and all garages a take it too just keep sayin try this and this but dont work..its defo somert over fuelin it as its rich as ****