PDA

View Full Version : C20 TBO spotted....

Connor
25-07-11, 02:09 AM
Amongst several nova's on southend seafront saturday night.
Looked awesome in the flesh, and didnt know it was down this way

c20tbo
25-07-11, 08:59 AM
Lets hope the owner is enjoying his new purchase :thumb:

e10 dar
25-07-11, 09:23 AM
Arite bob?new owner should be a happy lad.

Any pics of c20 tbo on satuarday night?

Alex J
25-07-11, 10:16 AM
pictures of this car in my hood, or you is pinocchio....

Edd
25-07-11, 10:46 AM
Be nice to see some recent pics

One of my favourite big blocks

MattBrown
25-07-11, 10:49 AM
One of the nicest novas.

And been around a while.

Big brice, but a big spec, and good car to go with it.

And reslistically, its the same price as a 1.1 fiesta so not that bad.

Connor
25-07-11, 11:48 AM
pictures of this car in my hood, or you is pinocchio....
Didnt get a picture myself, but you have my word mr merris, couldnt believe it when i saw it, looked awesome,
there were quite a few nice novas up there (also some horrendous ones lol)

Alex J
25-07-11, 12:06 PM
it was all a dream unless i see pictures!!

blue_peg_16v
25-07-11, 12:20 PM
Rules is rules pics or stfu lol

Connor
25-07-11, 12:20 PM
Im looking for one lol, i should of got one as it was infront of us in traffic for ages lol

Spudly
25-07-11, 05:29 PM
Im looking for one lol, i should of got one as it was infront of us in traffic for ages lol

In which case you fails lol

c20tbo
25-07-11, 06:32 PM
Arite bob?new owner should be a happy lad.

Any pics of c20 tbo on satuarday night?

Darren, you missing it yet? how long did you have the nova and now you join on here!

bazil
25-07-11, 06:54 PM
Darren, you missing it yet? how long did you have the nova and now you join on here!

so you built the car, this other lad sold it then joined the forum lollollol

oh and some pug pics please :)

Southie
25-07-11, 07:47 PM
That Nova at last sounds like it's being used lol

C20TBO have you still got that pug then?

womble sri
25-07-11, 08:25 PM
Yes was in Southend in Saturday thought I'd take it for a run and a few of the local lads were going, got a lot of attention in the car which I was surprised as it tends to be fiestas on 19's up there, but yes there were a few novas I saw up there, a white xe on cav slabs, and a dark blue luxe/merit mk2 with mk1 bumpers, didn't take any photos as I was too busy keeping an eye on her lol. Sprung a pin hole water leak on the pipe that comes from the inlet and am a little concerned as I have been some experiencing some over boost (2 bar!!!) so will need looking at before I take it out again!! Also feels as though it's overfueling a little as was popping and banging on the way back from the unit tonight! Any thoughts welcome

Cheers

Neil

Mieran
25-07-11, 08:31 PM
I would get a wideband on it asap, and get fuelling and boost checked.

Engine rebuilds are not cheap lol

Southie
25-07-11, 08:31 PM
I hope you've not got gasket problems with over boosting, check your plugs and any air leaks Mr womble ;)

womble sri
25-07-11, 08:47 PM
Do you mean gasket problems following over boost? Or gasket failure being the cause? I'll check tomorrow I hope I haven't caused any damage already! I looked on eBay for a wideband lambda bit didn't see any, do they allow changing any settings or purely a monitoring tool? Sorry this is my first Let, the popping wasn't bad and was only on over run but was more than I has before

Cle
25-07-11, 08:49 PM
Do you mean gasket problems following over boost? Or gasket failure being the cause? I'll check tomorrow I hope I haven't caused any damage already! I looked on eBay for a wideband lambda bit didn't see any, do they allow changing any settings or purely a monitoring tool? Sorry this is my first Let, the popping wasn't bad and was only on over run but was more than I has before

You need to prove you own it and post some pics :) :) :)

Mieran
25-07-11, 08:50 PM
Wideband is a monitoring tool, shows you if the engine is running lean or rich.

Item number 180686262140 on ebay is same kit I had

Edd
25-07-11, 08:51 PM
There's a few wideband kits on eBay

>>>http://shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1311&_nkw=wideband+lambda&_sacat=See-All-Categories<<<

womble sri
25-07-11, 09:06 PM
Cheers guys payday tommorrow will definately be purchasing one! For all those in the Essex area can you recommend a decent RR ideally in herts!

Connor
25-07-11, 09:08 PM
See told you guys ;) its the truth, car looked good matey, tried catching up with ya to have a better look but you kept disappearing lol

Connor
25-07-11, 09:10 PM
talk to Paul, think he takes his to track and road, never had any of my cars rr'd so I wouldn't know

e10 dar
25-07-11, 09:21 PM
Yes im missing it,i know ,ha!bob, nikkis asking how 2 get a few recent pics on here?its annoying her!when u home?hows the 106 coming on?

turbojolt
25-07-11, 09:23 PM
Reddot racing in enfield nice bunch of guys there

womble sri
25-07-11, 09:30 PM
I'll post a few pics when I'm on the pc in the pub on my phone at the mo, what a keeno! Lol yeah I'll have a chat with Paul met him a few times for bits and bobs and stu lives up the road from me, I was thinking of AMD in Luton but would rather use somewhere that is recommended

Connor
25-07-11, 09:32 PM
Amd are good, there near darford crossing way ain't they? Expensive though I think

c20tbo
25-07-11, 10:26 PM
so you built the car, this other lad sold it then joined the forum lollollol

oh and some pug pics please :)

Yip and Yip

Pics of the pug on passion ford.

c20tbo
25-07-11, 10:31 PM
Knock back the actauator a little to stop the overboost, it always popped and banged due to the exhaust off throttle, if on throttle then check plugs and gaps, im not up to scratch maintenance wise on the car due to me selling a good 4yrs ago but everything on it that i fitted was gen vaux ie sensors, im sure i noticed a cheepo (orange dizzy cap) on her, first built it was a gen black cap at £50.

Shame on you Darren.lol

c20tbo
25-07-11, 10:47 PM
Yes im missing it,i know ,ha!bob, nikkis asking how 2 get a few recent pics on here?its annoying her!when u home?hows the 106 coming on?

Upload photos on to photobucket (you may have to set up an account) then copy paste the image code that comes up if you place the mouse curser over the pic (usually 4 lines come up, its the bottom one you copy), then just past it on here, example img.novaturboc20tbo1234.img.

Yeh the pug is getting there, everything is a bloody fortune, gearbox just cost me 15k FFD 7spd sequential so thats now 22k in box and diffs alone!!! wish i was building the nova again far far cheaper! lol
106 should be in full paint end of next month then back to Reyland for build up, cant wait to see it in paint as the painter is **** hot.

Hows Nicky and the ever growing family? will have to pop through some time for a cuppa, was in peterhead a while back with the burg showing Broon how a properly mapped Nurburgring goes!lol

Home next monday Darren, if not sooner as the platform is having a shut down later in the week.

c20tbo
25-07-11, 10:57 PM
That Nova at last sounds like it's being used lol

C20TBO have you still got that pug then?

To be honest the nova was used well, on track at silverstone a few times and at the pod, but bearing in mind was road legal and spent every nice on the road up in scotland, it never had any major issues considering everytime used it was always opened up on occasions, its very hard to drive this car normally its just got that get up and go attitude when driving it, good thing about this car was it was always maintained properly and was never owned by chavs that just ragged the **** off it, if it had it wouldnt be in the condition it is today after 5 yrs being on the road, most go this route unfortuanately as they are affordable pocket rockets with the LET.

c20tbo
25-07-11, 11:00 PM
I would only use a dyno dynamics rolling road, if its not to far take it to Reyland motorsport Birmingham for a going over.

novalovingned
25-07-11, 11:02 PM
The Nova that inspired me to build mine lol!

I heard it went down south, its kind of sad ill never see it again up here. Put a smile on my face everytime i seen it and even more so when Mitsu took me out in it. But means im now the only one in Aberdeen to own a white mk1 now :) time for mo's and a blue cage lol

womble sri
25-07-11, 11:39 PM
Knock back the actauator a little to stop the overboost, it always popped and banged due to the exhaust off throttle, if on throttle then check plugs and gaps, im not up to scratch maintenance wise on the car due to me selling a good 4yrs ago but everything on it that i fitted was gen vaux ie sensors, im sure i noticed a cheepo (orange dizzy cap) on her, first built it was a gen black cap at £50.

Shame on you Darren.lol

Cheers rob I'll have a tinker next week gonna buy a few bits this week and am away till then.

PS your inbox is full regarding the gearbox ;)

c20tbo
25-07-11, 11:55 PM
Cheers rob I'll have a tinker next week gonna buy a few bits this week and am away till then.

PS your inbox is full regarding the gearbox ;)

Inbox now empty.

e10 dar
26-07-11, 12:35 AM

Shame on you Darren.lol

Dizzy cap was bought from vauxhall,along with coolant sensor a few months ago.the black cap was in car when it went away,dont think that would be the problem!

c20tbo
26-07-11, 02:17 AM
Dizzy cap was bought from vauxhall,along with coolant sensor a few months ago.the black cap was in car when it went away,dont think that would be the problem!

Must just want the actuator adjusted then, Cheepo cap must have been Mitsu before you Darren, that deffo explains it.lol

Did you see my post about Nicki uploading photos? tell her to crack on!

Alex J
26-07-11, 07:49 AM
if you blow it up (sound like its over boosting IMO) , i can rebuild it as ive got two years on my hands, and localish, as for rolling road, track and road , or my pal at atspeed rayleigh for a set up before, i wouldnt drive it untill you have done it;)

e10 dar
26-07-11, 11:14 AM
Must just want the actuator adjusted then, Cheepo cap must have been Mitsu before you Darren, that deffo explains it.lol

Did you see my post about Nicki uploading photos? tell her to crack on!

Aye a told her,ha.il give her a shout jst nw,got some good pics.106 going 2 b some weapon when finished,fine having lots of money,haha.cant wait 2 c it!aye have 2 come thru let me see your astra & have a look at the evo.family doin fine,jorgie fair coming on & bobby is the boss,ha.give me a shout if u thru this way when your home!

Stuart
26-07-11, 11:51 AM
T&R

And maybe TPS or whatever they are called at Birchanger.

Other than that you could try Wilshers.

Or you get the wideband on and we can try some on road stuff if you fancy.

MattBrown
26-07-11, 01:26 PM
IMO i'd go for an innovate wideband, with genuine bosch sensor.

£240ish, but money will spent, and looks cool as funk.

LOVE this car.

Alex J
26-07-11, 02:35 PM
im still waiting for the `spotted` picturers, or the sighting was a myth!!

Stuart
26-07-11, 04:30 PM
IMO i'd go for an innovate wideband, with genuine bosch sensor.

£240ish, but money will spent, and looks cool as funk.

I wouldnt personally, but then I know a lot of folks running them and have not killed £60 a pop sensors..... BUT the Innovative unit dosent conform to the Bosch Lambda spec from what I've seen.

womble sri
26-07-11, 07:08 PM
I've bought the aem lamda is in the previous eBay post hope fully I'll be able to use the same wiring fir the lumination one currently installed as that will save plenty of aggro!!

Yeah I think I'll try track and road, wilshers I don't think have the capability for turbos etc more of a carbs place I think on the old road-a-matic lol

n15kkb
26-07-11, 11:50 PM
http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc417/e10dar/th_IMAG0236.jpg (http://s1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc417/e10dar/?action=view&current=IMAG0236.jpg)http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc417/e10dar/th_IMAG0207.jpg (http://s1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc417/e10dar/?action=view&current=IMAG0207.jpg)http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc417/e10dar/th_IMAG0039.jpg?t=1311720168 (http://s1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc417/e10dar/?action=view&current=IMAG0039.jpg)

finally got some pics.

Connor
27-07-11, 12:22 AM
Rehosted a couple so there bigger, hope you dont mind.
All i can say is :wisewood:
http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc417/e10dar/IMAG0044.jpg?t=1311721682
http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc417/e10dar/IMAG0039.jpg?t=1311720168

Connor
27-07-11, 12:44 AM
im still waiting for the `spotted` picturers, or the sighting was a myth!!
Just for you marris, found a crooozing poster from the night
http://i377.photobucket.com/albums/oo218/connorlake_2008/Untitled.jpg

Stuart
27-07-11, 08:35 AM
finally got some pics.

If you are the Dar who was given a 2 day sin bin then you really are rather silly as making a 2nd account to get round that will just see both accounts and any subsequent ones PERMANENTLY banned.

Alex J
27-07-11, 08:58 AM
Just for you marris, found a crooozing poster from the night
http://i377.photobucket.com/albums/oo218/connorlake_2008/Untitled.jpg
is this image real? because i dont see any burnouts or souffffffenders smoking crack pipes, so it must be a fake!!

Connor
27-07-11, 12:10 PM
Its deffo real mate, there even talking in txt talk lol

Alex J
27-07-11, 12:44 PM
Its deffo real mate, there even talking in txt talk lol

when is he breaking it for parts then???:d

womble sri
27-07-11, 05:27 PM
when is he breaking it for parts then???:d

Y iz der ne bitz u wnt den blaaad lol