PDA

View Full Version : LCD tv mounting question

chimp007_uk
24-07-11, 04:42 PM
Right, I've recently purchased a house and due to move in towards the end of August... Like any sensible male, the first thing I purchased was a 42" tv :)

It was purchased secondhand, works perfectly etc but has a wall mount attached. Now I wasn't sure that there would be sufficient space between the sofas and tv to play wii :d so I purchased a suspended tv stand.

The issue I have is, the mount holes differ, I've looked on the net and can't see anything that stateds what to bolt through. Here's some pics to explain, in the first one I've highlighted the holes I need to use for the new stand and the second pic shows the holes and wall mount attached. The holes differ in size dramatically and as the tv is 32kg :eek: in weight I want to be sure.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e229/chimp007_uk/Mountholes.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e229/chimp007_uk/Mountholes1.jpg

I'm sure many a man has gone through this process, any advice/help appreciated!

Cheers
Chris :thumb:

brainsnova
24-07-11, 06:13 PM
Is there no way to make up brackets so you could extend them to use the wall mounted holes.

Mike
24-07-11, 06:19 PM
Why dont you losen off & move across the new bracket (where its attached to the TV in above pics) and bolt it to the OE wall mount holes?

To me it looks wrong anyway, as your TV attachmen brackets are at the very ends of the rail that attachs to the wall, never a good idea :S

chimp007_uk
24-07-11, 06:32 PM
All the holes are OE, but the manual doesn't state what to use for what. TBH I don't want to make up more brackets, surely the mount points wouldn't be there if they weren't capable?!

The VESA mount for the TV stand I bought isn't wide enough to line up with the wall mount holes. It is for a 32"-52" TV so isn't a case that it's wrong. I guessing it has to be the holes circled in the 1st pic, I'll just need to buy some new fixings and type-c washers.

32KG on 4 m5 fixings does sound a bit wacky though!

This is the TV stand (http://www.theplasmacentre.com/tv-stands-and-av-racks/tv-stands/origin-s4a-black.html)

Mike
24-07-11, 06:39 PM
32KG on 4 m5 fixings does sound a bit wacky though!

Nah its fine, honestly!!

I was the same when I put mine on the wall here next to me, its only a baby 32" on 4 bolts. Still on the wall nearly 3 years later.

chimp007_uk
24-07-11, 06:55 PM
I'll give it bash... you're not that far Mike, give it a month when we move in and you'll know if it didnt work lol

cheers!

brainsnova
24-07-11, 07:01 PM
There's only 4 holes in the back of mine so I have nobody to sue.

Mike
24-07-11, 09:07 PM
I'll give it bash... you're not that far Mike, give it a month when we move in and you'll know if it didnt work lol

cheers!

Not that far?? Awhatnow?

MK999
24-07-11, 10:39 PM
Not that far?? Awhatnow?

You'll hear the bang.

chimp007_uk
25-07-11, 12:03 PM
Mark got it... lol Aren't you in Wolves Mike?

Alex J
25-07-11, 12:10 PM
grinder and cable ties fill fix that.

chimp007_uk
25-07-11, 12:27 PM
I saw you'd posted Alex, and I was not suprised with the answer... lol

Alex J
25-07-11, 12:50 PM
I saw you'd posted Alex, and I was not suprised with the answer... lol

you can count on me for sence..