PDA

View Full Version : a quick intro and my latest purchase

Ditch p
23-07-11, 01:29 AM
hello all, my name is Rich and i am a vx nut and have been for many years, i am a member of loads of different vx forums/clubs and thought due to my recent buy i had better join a good nova club/forum.....

ebay pics link only for pics for now i'm afraid as camera batteries flat http://www.vodc.co.uk/images/smilies/redface.gif

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230648230956&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT)

as per the add, that car has lots and lots of history with it, it turned over to 46k miles as i drove it down the M6, it feels as tight as when it was new, no rattles or squeeks from interior, engine purrs and no smoke or anything on start up or when running, there are a few cosmetic issues with bodywork but no major rot anywhere apart from some on the bottom of drivers door and that should repair (for now anyway) quite easily for a few quid..

to say i am happy with it is an understatement..

cambelt kit and waterpump ordered (cant get genuine so pattern part only) service and brake fluid change coming v-soon along with a big clean and inspection/waxoil of underneath to keep her as good as she is....

btw i paid £650.00 for her :d

so thats me everyone and here is to a great place for nova's...

turbojolt
23-07-11, 08:13 AM
looks good got any plans for it fella seems like a very clean shell

mk1nova_rich
23-07-11, 08:23 AM
Mk1 it...I dare ya :d welcome to PNG anyway

Edd
23-07-11, 08:57 AM
Welcome to PNG :)

Looks quite clean that

Gaz1300SR
23-07-11, 09:55 AM
Nice buy, whats the plan for it mate?

John
23-07-11, 10:42 AM
Welcome! (mk2 ftl! lol)

mowgli
23-07-11, 11:25 AM
Welcome, don't worry about non gen waterpumps, gm have been fitting qh ones into their parts boxes for years...

Ditch p
23-07-11, 05:13 PM
thanks for the warm welcome guy's...

looks good got any plans for it fella seems like a very clean shell

Nice buy, whats the plan for it mate?

going to keep it totaly standard and original as possible tbh as it's just too good to molest...

Welcome, don't worry about non gen waterpumps, gm have been fitting qh ones into their parts boxes for years...

cheer's for that mate, have had a few prob's getting the right waterpump ordered with a few places but low and behold i went to the local motor factors and they had the right one in stock, ordered cam belt kit - plugs - oil filter - air filter etc at the same time and have spent a grand total of £80.00

this is all being done on mon/tues to give me piece of mind, then i'm going to atempt to sort out a bit of pinkness and paintwork blistering before going up to the woodvale rally in a fortnight

turbojolt
23-07-11, 05:20 PM
going to keep it totaly standard and original as possible tbh as it's just too good to molest...

fair enough mate hope to see its progress in the project section

Ditch p
23-07-11, 05:31 PM
fair enough mate hope to see its progress in the project section

was thinking of a W.I.P thread as about to go outside and start cleaning the engine bay up a bit before fitting new cambelt etc

dannymcc
23-07-11, 05:51 PM
Welcome to the club.

Looks to be a nice clean car you got. It came from the same garage as my old SR. :)

Iain
23-07-11, 05:58 PM
Looks good I'll give you a wave if I see you about Notts lol

turbojolt
23-07-11, 05:59 PM
well get loads of pictures mate everyone loves loads of pictures lol

Ditch p
24-07-11, 12:09 AM
Looks good I'll give you a wave if I see you about Notts lol

cool

Keif
24-07-11, 08:30 AM
Hi Rich, looks a nice buy. Yes i'm on here too.

While you've got the cambelt off, you may as well replace the thermostat. It's on the left side of the engine block and the cambelt is in the way if you need to replace on its own.
Some have changed then with the cambelt on, but for ease and peace of mind, for a few extra £ you may as well do it at the same time.

Southie
24-07-11, 08:38 AM
One of the last decent bargains on eBay I suspect, welcome to PNG :)

Bubba
24-07-11, 06:50 PM
nice...looks ready for gsi rep and speedlines lol

Murray
24-07-11, 07:05 PM
Tidy wee motor there.

Like the plans too. Don't get me wrong I like a good modified Nova, but it is nice to see some kept original.

Ditch p
24-07-11, 10:17 PM
Hi Rich, looks a nice buy. Yes i'm on here too.

While you've got the cambelt off, you may as well replace the thermostat. It's on the left side of the engine block and the cambelt is in the way if you need to replace on its own.
Some have changed then with the cambelt on, but for ease and peace of mind, for a few extra £ you may as well do it at the same time.

ayup mate i thought you said you were on here whe we spoke at billing, thanks for the heads up on the thermostat, i hope they have one in stock tomorrow when i go to collect the cambelt kit as it's being fitted up at my dad's tomorrow afternoon, would be cool to get it all done in one hit

Tidy wee motor there.

Like the plans too. Don't get me wrong I like a good modified Nova, but it is nice to see some kept original.

trust me i was scouring the bay and thinking of all sorts of ways to modd it, but when i saw it i just knew it had to stay standard