PDA

View Full Version : Any info on this car?

chimp007_uk
21-07-11, 08:24 PM
Evening,

Currently in the process of buying this car. Does anyone know anything about it?!

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e229/chimp007_uk/STA401861.jpg

It looks a little different now, but plan is to either paint and make into a nice car, or reshell the white track car into it and use it for track. Not sure yet, once my house sale goes through I'll get it in the garage and assess the options.

This is how it stands

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e229/chimp007_uk/KGrHqYOKkE3w4SQJcYBOGb3rVQE_3.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e229/chimp007_uk/KGrHqIOKkYE4ft8O05BOGb4nbPcQ_3.jpg

Cheers
Chris :thumb:

Southie
21-07-11, 08:31 PM
I don't recognise it but look like its plenty of potential, please put it back to a MK1 though to make the reg look right lol

davidfox280585
21-07-11, 09:57 PM
is in donny i know that
and was on ebay other week

ryansnova
21-07-11, 10:14 PM
i like how he has done the vents (cool)

Iain
21-07-11, 10:49 PM
That looks sweet a lick of paint on the outside and that'll be awesome. Subtle wide arches too :)

chimp007_uk
21-07-11, 10:56 PM
I have a full rallycross kit that I was going to use, but saw this and saw past the primer. I think the arches look more subtle because they don't have the skirts.

Sadly, the rallycross arches only come in mk2, so might have to hybrid it with mk2 lights and GTE bumpers. We'll see...

Just got to collect it tomorrow and have a good looksie.

Iain, Alan told me about donny, I might try and pop up for a gander.

christurboo
21-07-11, 11:34 PM
how shiney was the paint on it:O almost looks see through lol definitly a good buyy

craig green
21-07-11, 11:43 PM
I think I recognise it, top pic looks like I may have taken it, PVS 06 maybe.

brainsnova
22-07-11, 12:03 AM
Adjust the front wings for mk1 :d

w_wall_2001
22-07-11, 08:12 AM
i remember seeing it at pv a few years ago, had a good look around it, was very impressed with the car and standard of work

blue_peg_16v
22-07-11, 05:27 PM
The car was built in the 90s by a guy called Kev in Barnsley if the engine is still the one he fitted it has a blidestien head used to run on alipnes I have some pics from back in the day he was a good mate but sadly died of cancer car was his pride and joy originally was his mrs s first car when built originally had a 2.0 8v then he changed to the xe he fitted my xe in my old White on and to get me back for beating him at a rr day by 3 bhp had the head done by billie and pummelled me at the next rr day

blue_peg_16v
22-07-11, 05:50 PM
The impressive thing is that it's had a valver in it about 14 years and a 8v for a couple of years befor that so been big blocked since about 96 he did it himself at a time when it was a rare home conversion with not many doing it at home courtenay were charging 5.5k for the conversion at the time and IMO wasn't as good a job he's was a skillful Bloke taught me a few things

chimp007_uk
23-07-11, 09:08 PM
Cheers for that! The lad I bought it off told me a little about it, and the sad history as well. Got some pics of the initial build. Was a rotter for 1996! Supposedly... It is the same engine. Coscast head, but I whipped the cam cover off, has standard pullies fitted. Will get it stripped in a few months. Need to get the engine out and the rust sorted. Few scabby bits in the bay, fibreglass battery tray, missing driver's splash shield, passenger splash shield needs a plate and and the rear end needs welding in boot corners and rear section of chassis rails. The arches have been done nicely and the interior painted finish is good.

This will be at the bottom of the list...

- rebuild track engine, weld and paint engine bay and get running
- get 2l 8v nova running and mot'd
- start on this one

I'll get there.

Any pics or info you have, could you email to chimp007_uk@hotmail.com

Cheers
Chris

blue_peg_16v
24-07-11, 12:13 AM
Sounds like it could be the same engine Kev never fitted cams as he wanted it to run nice every day it was a cos cast head he had the work done to also