PDA

View Full Version : high lift cam for sri nova

sri oz
20-07-11, 09:46 PM
hi guys just a quick question,
do i need to take the head off to change the camshaft, as it looks like the camshaft casing is bolted down by the head bolts :/ or am i missing something?? and if i do need to take the head off should i change the head gasket? and are the head bolts stretch bolts?
sorry for so many questions but i need to know for the weekend as i wont to get it in :D oh and i put some 205 1.9 injectors in the other day just wondered if it had been done before? any help appreciated

oz

mowgli
20-07-11, 09:55 PM
you can either get a special tool to push the followers down, or simply remove the head. the fit a new gasket & new bolts(they are stretch). it costs about the same either way.

as for the injectors.... what colour are they? there are people on here who know what each colour means, but i can only see it as a waste of fuel if they are the wrong colour.

sri oz
20-07-11, 09:59 PM
my brothers are into there 205s so he thought hed have a look to see if they fit and they did wtf? lol and there blue out of a 1.6 gti 8v and the yellow ones are 1.9 gti 8v/mi16 and where can i get the tool from?

Wazza024
21-07-11, 08:09 AM
As said above you can change cams without taking the head off but i have that tool to push the valves down and i got mine from a local motorfacters but its made by draper i think but im sure there will be some on ebay and cost me £5

As for injectors i wouldn't bother putting in 205 ones as the sri injectors are good enough i had mine running with standard injectors on high lift cam with port and polished head and 4 in 1 manifold with decat etc and drove pretty good and was nippy for a 1.4.

burgo
21-07-11, 11:03 PM
this isnt grand turismo, it is real life. putting bigger injectors in will make your car slower....fact!

b16nov
22-07-11, 07:01 PM
cam turned up, good luck with the project mate, munchkins123456