PDA

View Full Version : advise/opinions needed

nova danny1
18-07-11, 01:28 AM
hi all
right I've recently found a gte forsale localy that I used to see near enough every morning a couple of years ago and it looked good then,I went to look at it over the weekend and it now looks a bit rough,it needs work like O/S front wing,both rear arches are starting to go,O/S front turret needs work/welding,the bottom of the windscreen on the N/S corner is bubbling to f**k and he says he's had it repaired a couple of times before,The front cross member and slam panel is starting to go/gone around the headlight mountings,front of the chassis legs,ARB mounts (theres a few holes around it) it's had quite a bit of welding done on it before like both of the corners of the boot floor,rear chassis legs,N/S rear floor pan and both rear spring cup mounts and i have'nt even took the skirts off to check the sills.
The welding that has been done to the car previously looks a bit crap to be honest,it's looks as though it's just been done just to pass the MOT.If i bought it i would want to take ALL of the old patches of welding off just to make sure that they cut the old rot out.The guy that is selling it has had it for 21 years and has got every single bill for every single penny he has spent on it as he isn't mechanicly minded so always took it to a garage.But apart from the body work messioned above it also does'nt run,I'm not sure why at the moment as the battery was flat and it didn't turn over,

anyway I have fell in love with it:roll:lol

I offered him £400 for it as I thought that was resonable because of the amount of work that needs doing,but he rejected that as he said someone off of here had offered him £700 but does'nt know if he's serious or not.

I told him that I did'nt really want to pay more than my original offer and to get in touch with the other guy and see if he was serious about his offer and then get back in touch with me to see whats happening but i really don't want to pay £700 for it as I really don't think it's worth it but I WANT IT!lol

But what would you do/think is best?

Thanks,Danny

nova danny1
18-07-11, 01:42 AM
oh forgot to mension the rear panel could do with being replaced aswell as it's been patched up before in places but theres also new rot aswell.

brainsnova
18-07-11, 01:43 AM
Stick with your original offer as you can easily spend £500 on it to get it near the road looking good.

nova danny1
18-07-11, 01:53 AM
Stick with your original offer as you can easily spend £500 on it to get it near the road looking good.

i'd be buying it as a project though as I would want it to look as though it had just left the factory brand spanking.

simonm
18-07-11, 07:38 AM
Sounds like it's seen better days and has a he'll of a lot of work doin I wouldn even offer that much it's really only worth salvage value for breaking could spend a fortune fixing it up not to mention the time involved

w88rdy
18-07-11, 10:26 AM
I saw this dan but it looked rough in a few places, the problem you have is it would prob break for that money as its so original, good luck mate hope you get it and its about time you got another !

nova danny1
21-07-11, 06:44 PM
I saw this dan but it looked rough in a few places, the problem you have is it would prob break for that money as its so original, good luck mate hope you get it and its about time you got another !

not had chance to come on lately,when did you see it mate?yeah it probs would break for that but would'nt do that because as you say it's so original thats why i would'nt mind spending time and money on it to get it looking immaculate again.I know mate it's been doing my head in not having a nova and been iching to get another for a bit now and saw this one and i've now set my heart on it:tard: I hate liking novaslol

w_wall_2001
22-07-11, 08:16 AM
if you like it enough you will pay what you feel it is worth, and as you know genuine gte's are getting harder to find. Yes it needs work but will be worth it when its all done and you are using it