PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth the hassle?

bazil
17-07-11, 09:40 AM
Right the gsi will not be ready this century and indeed the gte untill 2135
so with all the crap I have lying around should I just get a shell and build a redtop nova for some fun next summer?

I have the full engine box loom etc etc ( sat for 7 years so would it need a rebuild or just wap it in lol )

I have steering, brakes, wheels, suspension, panels, all the bits I'd need without using any of my gsi parts,

so should I just build it into a car?

meach86
17-07-11, 09:52 AM
Might aswel mate, if you have all the parts you might as well put them to some use

bazil
17-07-11, 09:53 AM
I'd just need a half decent cheap shell

Southie
17-07-11, 09:55 AM
Here you go, a shell ;)

Linkypoos (http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2982813.htm)

Mike
17-07-11, 09:56 AM
If youve got all the parts to start with, thrn why not just finish the cars your already own lol

bazil
17-07-11, 10:04 AM
Southie it's a bit to much price wise, I'd be looking at the free to £50 price range lol

mike, I'm getting itchy and want a toy lol I've never had a big block nova and I will not do it to either of my cars I have, plus they are long term rebuilds :(

Edd
17-07-11, 10:15 AM
Tbh mate your not going to find a cheap or free shell that's not going to need work

Crack on and you'll have the GSI done for next summer

Mike
17-07-11, 10:21 AM
mike, I'm getting itchy and want a toy lol I've never had a big block nova and I will not do it to either of my cars I have, plus they are long term rebuilds :(

Id just to put the cash & time into what youve already got. To many projects is always asking for trouble IMO.

Alex J
17-07-11, 10:26 AM
bazil!!!! why didnt you get these thoughts the other week, my gsi has just gone in the iron and was mint!!!!!!!!!!! also only got 37quid fo
r itlol

Edd
17-07-11, 10:26 AM
^^ totally agree with Mike tbh Bazil

You spent all the cash getting the bits for the GSI just crack on with it now IMO, once you make a start the quicker it's done

I contemplated getting another cause the Sport was taking so long but realised it would be pointless in the end

bazil
17-07-11, 10:27 AM
Kinda what I was needing to hear lol

guess I should just stick with one at a time,

Edd
17-07-11, 10:28 AM
bazil!!!! why didnt you get these thoughts the other week, my gsi has just gone in the iron and was mint!!!!!!!!!!! also only got 37quid fir itlol

Sorry but not everyone is as silly as you lol most people would of at least tried to sell it first lol you would of deffo got more than £37 for it :eek:

Edd
17-07-11, 10:34 AM

Get the GSI up on axle stands and get the front legs off, and start sorting battery tray then take it from there :thumb:

Mike
17-07-11, 10:39 AM

Having loads of cars in bits is always shÃ*t. Before you know one ends up on eBay or ends up donating bits to build the other, thus putting it even further behind. I been there done that kinda thing, it never really works unless you spend eleven billion years building them all.

paul james
17-07-11, 10:49 AM
Just keeping two built cars running when inevitible things go wrong is troublesome at times, so having two projects on the go is more than enough to get on with. Perhaps you should just sell off your uneeded spares and buy a ready made Nova to play about it with using the funds. Driving one again might inspire you to finish the two projects.

MK999
17-07-11, 10:55 AM
Before you know one ends up on eBay or ends up donating bits to build the other,

Pretty sure that first bit is Mike specific :p But there's loads of bits off the track car that have ended up on my daily lol

Mike
17-07-11, 11:06 AM
Sell all the spares off & put the cash into something youve already got. Thats what Id do (hell, thats what I did!).

Spudly
17-07-11, 12:45 PM
Sorry but not everyone is as silly as you lol most people would of at least tried to sell it first lol you would of deffo got more than £37 for it :eek:

Not really as from past experience, i have seen that noone wants to buy just shells, they all want them for nothing or up to £50 which theyre worth more than even as a rolling shell!

Bazil as has been said, too many projects are not what you need, you will start swiping bits from the other one and end up costing yourself more money to do the original one than it wouldve done, plus even more money on the new project, so when you sit and think about it, you would save yourself a hell of a lot of monies, and if youre itching to have another toy, then crack the funk on with your GSi:p

Edd
17-07-11, 01:10 PM
Not really as from past experience, i have seen that noone wants to buy just shells, they all want them for nothing or up to £50 which theyre worth more than even as a rolling shell!

Fair point Spud, my thinking is tho that you might as well have a go at selling something that you've paid for with hard earned cash before scrapping it/binning it, I guess some people have different thoughts on the value of money :)

Alex J
17-07-11, 01:16 PM

people must be siily, because it was forsale, and no one wanted it,£37 is better than it sitting in the garage forever dealing with dreamers and time wasters, didnt even get an offer of 50p!

Edd
17-07-11, 01:23 PM
Going on past storries I thought you'd just scrapped it :d

Don't get me wrong, I would of scrapped it after a week or two of trying to sell it

Alex J
17-07-11, 01:26 PM
Going on past storries I thought you'd just scrapped it :d

Don't get me wrong, I would of scrapped it after a week or two of trying to sell it
there is a video on pauls i phone of me laughing my head of as the scrap claw punched the roof down and chucked it across the yard ,was a mint gsi shell, but i needed the room for the new rotbox, so she went for fly, still waitng for PAUL to post it up, think he is scaredlol

Edd
17-07-11, 01:35 PM
Doubt he's scared tbh, probably doesn't want to start off a 'axe man Maris' or 'look at this Cav turbo be smashed up' thread and all the shizzle that will follow

We all know that you love smashing/scrapping nova's lol but seeing it being made fun of is not to everyone's taste :thumb:

mrT
17-07-11, 01:35 PM
Right the gsi will not be ready this century and indeed the gte untill 2135
so with all the crap I have lying around should I just get a shell and build a redtop nova for some fun next summer?

I have the full engine box loom etc etc ( sat for 7 years so would it need a rebuild or just wap it in lol )

I have steering, brakes, wheels, suspension, panels, all the bits I'd need without using any of my gsi parts,

so should I just build it into a car?

i'd abort the gsi dream and reshell it with a proper shell then you would be finished it by next year, transfer the plate and bobs your uncle, think of it this way if you got a decent shell, your looking at 5/6 weeks taking your time to plate/weld it, fix any panels you want and get it painted up, then its just a case of a quick build up over the cold months then your off, you work hard so live life get it built and go enjoy yourself in it, or you'll look back once built in slap yourself for wasting time so get it done boyo :)

Alex J
17-07-11, 01:38 PM
Doubt he's scared tbh, probably doesn't want to start off a 'axe man Maris' or 'look at this Cav turbo be smashed up' thread and all the shizzle that will follow

We all know that you love smashing/scrapping nova's lol but seeing it being made fun of is not to everyone's taste :thumb:if only you was on facebooklollollol

bazil
17-07-11, 06:52 PM
MR T. I will not be reshelling, it's too easy to do that lol,

Merris I did ask if your shell was for sale but I was too late, Post the video up lol

hmm I think I'll stick the idea on the back burner, I was looking through my stuff and the only bits I'd need for a redtop build would be updated front springs and conversion hubs,

as for the GSI I guess I better order some spot weld drills lol

grooge
18-07-11, 10:35 AM
i'd say too many projects is bad news lol my sr's still not seen the road properly since you last saw it and its purely because i cant do 3 cars and 2 motorbikes at the same time.

on the other hand, i might have a dirt cheap shell if you do want onelol

bazil
18-07-11, 04:13 PM
lol I'll buy it, big block it, have fun then sell it back to you complete lol

ryansnova
18-07-11, 04:37 PM
i woulds just reshell it mate...

steviegsi
18-07-11, 04:57 PM
May aswel sling an xe in one ! Have a bit of fun in it then you will probably make a profit on it when you need to move it on.