PDA

View Full Version : re profiled cams

turbojolt
15-07-11, 03:52 PM
my brother has been waiting for piper-cams to make his new camshafts as they said they could , couple of weeks later thy even gave him the dimensions that the cams had been made to 10.3 lift ect ect.. then they sent out a gernetic 8valve cam shaft for a uno turbo :confused: phoned them back up and they said they made a mistake and will finish making them and ship them of next Monday but now we have just had a phone call saying they cant make them due to a part they cant replicate (the trigger :confused:) so now acting like they are doing him a favor they saying the can re profile his standard shafts for the same cost :tard:

so what im now asking is is it worth having cams re profiled and what can he expect from them will they be as good as new fast-road cams?

cheers guys

tom reid
15-07-11, 04:19 PM
That's why I don't use Piper any more, the QC is shocking as is the attitude, which was my experience with them years ago.
Reprofiled cams are fine, as long as you understand that you can't get the same lift as you can on a blank, for road and trackday use they are fine.
Contact Autosprint for good service, honest advice and decent prices.

turbojolt
15-07-11, 04:28 PM
were give them a ring and see what they have to say mate cheers

thing is i think were going to need them from blanks to achive the power he is after he is trying to be one of the fist punto 1400 16v owners with over 150 hp (non turbo lol)

turbojolt
15-07-11, 04:33 PM
lol 10 mins on the phone and he was quoted 185 quid in steed of pipers 300 quid the rip off mugs

i will strongly advice anyone to steer clear of piper cams

Stuart
15-07-11, 04:35 PM
Catcams, buy from blanks, job done!
reprofiled cams are just a bad idea every time imho

turbojolt
15-07-11, 04:45 PM
no one seems to make them from blanks for his car stuart