PDA

View Full Version : Am i the only non Facebook member?

Andy
13-07-11, 04:13 PM
Am i?lol
Are you on Facebook? YES OR NO?
Not interested in anything other than you are or you arent

24sevenslacker
13-07-11, 04:15 PM
yes....

turbojolt
13-07-11, 04:21 PM
Yep

srilrw
13-07-11, 04:22 PM
yes

MK1_Ben
yup

paul james
Yes, but only because someone I know threatened to make one for me

bazil
13-07-11, 04:28 PM
Yes
But I only add friends I actually know or folk of here I know, no randoms allowed.

Like:thumb:

brainsnova
13-07-11, 04:33 PM
No Facebook here :thumb:

mowgli
13-07-11, 04:53 PM
I have no fb, or any intention of getting it...

pie
13-07-11, 05:05 PM
ya on jungle book lol

Alex J
13-07-11, 05:18 PM
i voted id rather fist myself, but im on there, why, i dont knowlol

_Jake
13-07-11, 05:18 PM
Yeah, but its ****...

Tanya.
13-07-11, 05:21 PM
I have :)

Iain
13-07-11, 05:23 PM
No.

stevenf
13-07-11, 05:38 PM
yep :)

christurboo
13-07-11, 05:49 PM
nopeee

Southie
13-07-11, 05:50 PM
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101230190129/uncyclopedia/images/0/0c/Shaking_head.gif

Graeme
13-07-11, 05:50 PM
No for me also but I am highly unsociable

Bubba
13-07-11, 05:56 PM
yep, oddly i use it to host lots of pictures too...photobucket takes too long when faceache is just right click/copy image url/click for next pic/repeat

Benn
13-07-11, 06:08 PM
I have an account a friend made for me. There are 75 "friends" awaiting letting on or something... There are 3people on my list.. One is the Mrs, cause she added her self...lol

It's utter sh*te.

If i had wanted to keep in touch with people, i would have. If i dont see them i dont care.

ryansnova
13-07-11, 06:09 PM
yess :)

Spudly
13-07-11, 06:20 PM
I dont think mr Liamp has facetube either Andy, im on facetube aswell but i find its handy to keep up with mates that i dont see very often, and after having a prune of certain peeps, now only have the people who i either know personally, or have met in real life, so no internet dreamers like some that have added me from here and then been removed lol

mk1nova_rich
13-07-11, 06:22 PM
Yes, its a good way of keeping in touch with people I don't get to see very often (but conversation is usually humour/banter on facebook which is good IMO) and for sharing pics etc which again is good if you attend a car show/rally and don't take a camera.

It has its bad points but overall its good :thumb:

Ash_GTE
13-07-11, 06:27 PM
yepp

stewart_2004
13-07-11, 06:42 PM
no facebook here

Edd
13-07-11, 06:44 PM
Hell mother fcuking NO !!!

Complete and utter crap

Completely pointless, people used to be able to keep in contact before this dribble

wwmnw
13-07-11, 06:47 PM
Yes but I don't really like it that much, deactivated my account once re-opened it but there is a long story behind that.

Cle
13-07-11, 06:52 PM
Yes mainly use it for uploading cool pics :)

Adam
13-07-11, 07:04 PM
Im on

mintnovajim
13-07-11, 08:50 PM
NOPE, can't be arsed... don't even have a mobile at the minute....

John
13-07-11, 09:17 PM
Yep.

bazil
13-07-11, 09:21 PM
I dont think mr Liamp has facetube either Andy, im on facetube aswell but i find its handy to keep up with mates that i dont see very often, and after having a prune of certain peeps, now only have the people who i either know personally, or have met in real life, so no internet dreamers like some that have added me from here and then been removed lol

lol I have been deleted

It's true though, you can end up with loads of people who you have no idea who they are,
I think I have about 20 friends, but you see some folk with several thousand!! WTF

torquey
13-07-11, 09:24 PM
no carnt be f*****g doing with it...........

Tim
13-07-11, 09:56 PM
yup, the only reason for this is cause my mrs thought i should have 1. the only thing i have ever written on it is something about how pissed off i was about having it lol.

has anybody seen the facebook episode of south park? so funny.

Jackroadkill
13-07-11, 10:59 PM
NOPE, can't be arsed... don't even have a mobile at the minute....

Hell mother fcuking NO !!!

Complete and utter crap

Completely pointless, people used to be able to keep in contact before this dribble

no carnt be f*****g doing with it...........

All of the above - no mobile or Facebook.

joe.riley
13-07-11, 11:16 PM
nope, had it, got bored off it, got rid of it lol.

ryansnova
13-07-11, 11:27 PM
threads like this are pointless really...........

put it this way some of us like it and some dont just like some like mk2's and some like mk1's

Lee
13-07-11, 11:36 PM
threads like this are pointless really...........

put it this way some of us like it and some dont just like some like mk2's and some like mk1's

Yeah, but there's a reason for that. MK1's are poo :)

Nova_Sean
13-07-11, 11:40 PM
and gave jack cancer

ryansnova
13-07-11, 11:51 PM
yup i to do NOT like mk1s lol

Mboasty
13-07-11, 11:55 PM
NO causes too many problems imo.

Tim
14-07-11, 06:12 AM
mk1 ftw. lol

facebook invented for the jerermy kyle generation.

Jack
14-07-11, 07:29 AM
I think the bottom line is it's a user-content based social network, so its worth depends on how people use it and what they put into it.

Yeah there are gazillions of ASWs posting "Just had a marmalade sammich LOL" on there, but if you don't want to see tat like that then its not hard to block it. Plus even if you DID see tat like that it would be one of your contacts on there posting it... lol If you don't like content someone is posting, block/delete it. What do you do if someone sends "humourous" emails (:roll:) to your inbox? Block/delete them? Or stop using email because its for ASWs? lol

You can't deny its a useful tool - all your contact details in one place which you can access from any internet capable device (which these days even includes the fridge), the ability to share content online (its easier to upload pics on FB than inviting everyone you know round and whipping out the prints from supasnaps lol), event organisation, etc.

Gaz1300SR
14-07-11, 07:37 AM
No, because its ghey!

Andy
14-07-11, 08:26 AM
Im quite surprised at the results actually
And yes it can cause problems,every couple i know who have had it (or one of them has it) has had problems associated by that,me and my mrs included.
She recieved an inbox message before off a bloke she used to work with which read this....
"Hope u had a gud nite last nite,wish id gon out,id have bought u a drink,nut then id have probs told u how unbelievably hot u are"
(now bear in mind this fat gutter snake knows she's as good as married to me with 2 kids)

I was replying to a message from a prospective customer at the time so saw it pop up...

"And if i had been out with lynne,i'd have snapped your jaw you fukkin little prick"

Needless to say he never replied......
Point is,had that been a comment on her wall saying "oh you looked nice" or "new hair suits you etc,nice dress" it wouldnt have bothered me,what bothered me is he knows shes with me with 2 kids but yet still wrote that in the cold,sober light of sunday morning,sending it by pm which is behind the scenes and sneaky.

Alex J
14-07-11, 08:38 AM
png is the same as facebook, but with cars!!lol

Lee
14-07-11, 08:41 AM
Point is,had that been a comment on her wall saying "oh you looked nice" or "new hair suits you etc,nice dress" it wouldnt have bothered me,what bothered me is he knows shes with me with 2 kids but yet still wrote that in the cold,sober light of sunday morning,sending it by pm which is behind the scenes and sneaky.

Yeah, but he could have used email or a text message, or written her a letter lol. You cant blame FB for that.

Alex J
14-07-11, 08:49 AM
the only diffrence from facebook to here is there is more RUST on herelol

Andy
14-07-11, 08:51 AM
Yeah, but he could have used email or a text message, or written her a letter lol. You cant blame FB for that.
No as i say,i just blame the minority of gutter snakes that use it.
There isnt just that,its caused a whole host of problems for a few people i know aswell,seriously here if you ever watch jeremy kyle-watch his face when they all mention facebook,he cringes and comments how sad and pathetic they are for being tards on there lol
And as for letters,that happened once before but i wont go into that

Lee
14-07-11, 08:55 AM
No as i say,i just blame the minority of gutter snakes that use it.
There isnt just that,its caused a whole host of problems for a few people i know aswell,seriously here if you ever watch jeremy kyle-watch his face when they all mention facebook,he cringes and comments how sad and pathetic they are for being tards on there lol

Again, hardly FB's fault lol

Jack
14-07-11, 09:01 AM

Exactly my point; thats not FB thats being a problem, its the sewer serpent who sent the message.

In fact, FB shines in this respect as you can pick and choose who sends you messages so it would be no hassle at all for you or your mrs to can the guy. Which is a lot harder via a mobile phone, mail, in a club, etc lol [edit] which is one of my gripes with G+, you can't explicitly deny like you can with FB

The people who go on Jeremy Kyle, I mean the ones that aren't actors (lol), would be the same no matter what, its just they use FB as a medium to express their skadge. Otherwise it would be Myspace, Bebo, G+ (!)... if not social networking then you'd be looking at text messages, emails, or whatever other mediums the yoof of today abuse lol

mowgli
14-07-11, 09:44 AM
You can't deny its a useful tool - all your contact details in one place which you can access from any internet capable device (which these days even includes the fridge)

we had something similar in the olden days, it was called a phone book.... and everyone was listed unless they were really posh & had ex directory.... and you could go to your town library & look up the whole country..

of course it was all sepia coloured & we walked really fast in jerky movements in those days, but there really isn't much that is new.....

pie
14-07-11, 10:09 AM
i sell more car bits on facebook than ebay lol

Andy
14-07-11, 07:39 PM
I agree Jack but had he/my mrs not had fb there would have been no means of contact really.I see what your saying though.
I'll still never have one lol
My business has sort of got one but what the hell do i write on the wall???
"New customers always welcomed,no bad payers,messers or dog muck all over"?! LOL
Nah seriously,ive got some before and after fascia/gutter and conservatory cleans i wanna put on there along with my van when it gets sign written.
I might even do an obscene gesture while smoking a roll up (i'll pretend its a reefer lol)

Alex J
14-07-11, 07:43 PM
I agree Jack but had he/my mrs not had fb there would have been no means of contact really.I see what your saying though.
I'll still never have one lol
My business has sort of got one but what the hell do i write on the wall???
"New customers always welcomed,no bad payers,messers or dog muck all over"?! LOL
Nah seriously,ive got some before and after fascia/gutter and conservatory cleans i wanna put on there along with my van when it gets sign written.
I might even do an obscene gesture while smoking a roll up (i'll pretend its a reefer lol)
who says lets set up a FAKE andy fb pagelol

Southie
14-07-11, 07:51 PM
lol It would have been better to have come back to this thread in 6 months time Merris and told Andy that he's already on faceache lol

Pistol Pete
15-07-11, 09:51 AM
I have a FB account. Has been really useful to me this past few weeks whilst out here in Japan. Skype hasnt been working for me, or it does then drops out, so i can message the misses and she can write back. Also she has been posting pictures of my son on there. She says its so i dont forget what he looks like LOL

I have a clearout every now and then. Some right sad numpties on there. LOL @ Jack sammich comment. People like that get deleted. I ask myself why i was there "friend" in the first place!!!

MK999
15-07-11, 10:02 AM
I ask myself why i was there "friend" in the first place!!!

Mutual love of sandwiches?

Jedro
15-07-11, 03:58 PM
i voted no, id rather fist myself

i remember when myspace was the bizz, and the trouble i got myself into on it hahaa

Hoochie
16-07-11, 05:20 PM
Yes i'm on facebroke, but it's only really useful to host photos to share with your real friends and family, there are way too many ASW's who turn into keyboard warriors at the drop of a hat or the fair weather friends who delete you if you don't agree with the crap they spout,...i find it very theraputic to have a cull every couple months.,, :0)

draper
19-07-11, 11:38 AM
yeah im on it. i forget how serious people take the whole thing tho. i also only add people i actually know (or met a few times if there from here) and have a friends cull every couple of months. ive found alot of people would comment/like status' and pics but then id see them in town and they'd ignore me lol they get jogged on sharpish

TeddyThom
19-07-11, 11:57 AM
Facebook is alright, I have quite a large amount of friends on there, mainly due to a game I play. But I like the game and friend requests etc go with it.

Just have to learn to "screen out the bullsh!t".

Which isn't hard to do to be fair.

Stuart
19-07-11, 12:02 PM
I'm not on it... infact I'm not on here either

Spudly
19-07-11, 12:06 PM

HA, i knew it, youre not real are you, youre a bot, does that mean to a slight degree youre just a spambot lol

mowgli
19-07-11, 12:08 PM
facebook is alright, i have quite a large amount of friends on there, mainly due to a game i play. But i like the game and friend requests etc go with it.

Just have to learn to "screen out the bullsh!t".

Which isn't hard to do to be fair.

once the bullsh!t has been filtered out, it must be like looking at a blank screen.

Alex J
19-07-11, 04:28 PM
is your profile picture a dodgy looking bloke in weird glasseslol

draper
19-07-11, 05:33 PM

lol

brainsnova
19-07-11, 05:40 PM
Facebook is as advanced as the old BBC computer I prefer the phoning / meeting face to face

Stuart
19-07-11, 06:31 PM

Hey, they are Upsy Daisy glasses thanks :p

Lee
19-07-11, 09:39 PM
once the bullsh!t has been filtered out, it must be like looking at a blank screen.

So basically what your saying is all your friends are full of bullsh!t? lol

Facebook is as advanced as the old BBC computer I prefer the phoning / meeting face to face

Aye, I'm the same. i think looking at FB as a replacement for that is dangerous as feck for the future of people skills! BUT on the flip side, If I wanted to rip the pee out of the amoutn of friends i rip the pee out of on FB on a daily basis, I would need shares in Vodafone. FB is a good social supplement tool, it should NOT be a replacement.

I think thats the trouble, people who dont use it seem to automatically assume that once we have joined we swithc off our phones and lock ourselves away in the office and never speak to anyone again!!

For me, it has the opposite effect. I made a comment on Toms FB recently, and it propted him to call me and we ended up talking for half an hour and nearly weeing ourselves with laughter.

A hammer is for hitting nails in, so its a good tool for that. It is a very poor tool for winding in screws though. You cant blame the hammer if some idiot tries using it for that.

draper
19-07-11, 09:50 PM
^^ but the threads on screws are only for removing them :confused:

TeddyThom
20-07-11, 07:13 PM

Near enough sometimes lol

Although I do agree with Spud about using it to catch up with friends long since seen.

Have got a few like that. And family on there that live in another country...

mowgli
20-07-11, 09:51 PM
So basically what your saying is all your friends are full of bullsh!t? lol

the wife & no.1 daughter use it. i don't. they regularly leave it on, and i read some right twaddle on there. before now, i've sent no.1 daughter off on her bike round to her friends house to interact properly, instead of wearing out 2 pc's.

16v Nova Kev
20-07-11, 10:04 PM
i'm on it

friend me as im trying to have more friends than my mrs.

wwmnw
20-07-11, 10:27 PM
i'm on it

friend me as im trying to have more friends than my mrs.

Link meh.

I'm chatting to a lady that likes me on there now. Wouldn't have really been able to if she never added me as now I know she likes me she wont come in the shop lol

Bubba
20-07-11, 10:52 PM
i like winding people up on there when they spurt on about how **** their life is...

16v Nova Kev
20-07-11, 11:11 PM
Link meh.

I'm chatting to a lady that likes me on there now. Wouldn't have really been able to if she never added me as now I know she likes me she wont come in the shop lol
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000514085560

try that mate

srilrw
22-07-11, 09:01 PM
[QUOTE=bazil;1899266]Yes
But I only add friends I actually know or folk of here I know, no randoms allowed.

yep deffo dnt quite understand how a 18year old has 1.2 million friends!!!

MK999
22-07-11, 09:07 PM
yep deffo dnt quite understand how a 18year old has 1.2 million friends!!!

Drug dealing helps.

srilrw
22-07-11, 09:13 PM
Drug dealing helps.

yep i guess

bazil
22-07-11, 10:34 PM
showing plenty of flesh helps.

edited lol

Joe Richardson
22-07-11, 10:37 PM
im on it , like a car bonnet