PDA

View Full Version : Uprated shocks

Wang it!
04-07-03, 10:21 AM
Lowered my nova 60mm but left the standard shocks on so the ride is crap and they keep botteming out. I hope some shorter gas shocks will sort the ride but don't no which ones to get and dont want to pay too much. Any suggestions?

SKoob
04-07-03, 10:32 AM
I use Gmax, the ride is a bit hard but it handles like its on rails. So i'd recommend Gmax.

Wang it!
04-07-03, 07:46 PM
cheers skoob. Anyone else get any suggestions/recomendations on good, cheapish gas shocks or is everyone running on GMAX setups!? :? Help us out.

ade
04-07-03, 09:24 PM
what are the springs (make?)

Gmax are good - I have a set - been using for 12 months and give a good hard solid ride. Good handling too

There are others but Gmax full kit will set you back about ?190 from Supernovas.uk.com

Unsure how much the shocks are on their own mind... Will be cheaper. Do the whole car (obviously)

Ade

mikeoxford
04-07-03, 10:50 PM
gmax = good value

i rate them

although the rich amongst us will all recommend coilovers or billys or summat no doubt

mikeoxford
04-07-03, 10:51 PM
gmax = good value

i rate them

although the rich amongst us will all recommend coilovers or billys or summat no doubt

Wang it!
04-07-03, 10:52 PM
Springs on the front are Pi but not sure wats on the rear coz i got um from a scrappy. I dont want a whole kit just gas shocks that i can replace the standard ones with as any slight crack in the road feels like a hugh pot hole and im getting sick of swerving to avoid them all!

You say GMAX are "hard and solid" but are they more comfortable ride than standards.

dave.gsi
05-07-03, 01:26 AM
don't think any aftermarket kit will be more comforatble than standard :lol:

what you lose in comfort you gain in handling

SKoob
05-07-03, 02:02 AM
i also invested in a fornt strut brace at the same time, and as has been said, don't expect the same sorta ride as standard suspension. :|

Wang it!
05-07-03, 12:48 PM
Cheers guys for all suggestions. Will keep an i out for sum GMAX shocks or simular. Dont care if the ride is hard nemore coz a car on its arse looks the tits. :)

nam
05-07-03, 03:23 PM
there a set of jamex on e bay they might help you

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2422102445&category=40192

alex :) :)

Slatter
05-07-03, 05:20 PM
Ive got some front Billies for sale and some rear spax shockers

They are not in the best condition (need a lick of paint)

I took them off cos i got Coilovers :lol:

if your interested let me know and we could sort a price out