PDA

View Full Version : Turkey

novalicous
11-07-11, 07:43 PM
Not the goble goble type but the country

me and the Girlfriend are wanting to go away in september on a late deal

any one have any good recomendations where to go

idealy we want all inclusive and some local markets to look round and a bit of a haggle etc

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://cdn.wikinevis.com/2f43068967turkey.jpg.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.wikinevis.com/126551&usg=__KZaREF6R98HOPoDZ1T6H2qSIcu4=&h=300&w=300&sz=32&hl=en&start=0&zoom=1&tbnid=4bNQ5elT5iC_JM:&tbnh=120&tbnw=136&ei=8UIbTuerPIb6sgaKt7CfAg&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dturkey%2Bbird%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26cl ient%3Dfirefox-a%26sa%3DX%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-GB:official%26channel%3Ds%26biw%3D1013%26bih%3D566 %26tbm%3Disch&um=1&itbs=1&iact=rc&dur=995&page=1&ndsp=15&ved=1t:429,r:13,s:0&tx=105&ty=70fire away with both good and bad stories cheers
http://www.loupiote.com/sets/72157612989430933.shtml
(http://www.loupiote.com/sets/72157612989430933.shtml)

ryansnova
11-07-11, 07:49 PM
turkey is really bad for people trying to get you into shops btw plus watch out for the guy on scooters

Graeme
11-07-11, 07:51 PM
Has your bird got a labrador and a white stick? I thought only a mother could appreciate your good looks, lol

Oh Turkey, can't comment, never been

Iain
11-07-11, 08:00 PM
I went to Turkey and it was quite nice although I don't go abroad a lot so can't really compare.

It was Icmeler near Marmaris I think I went to. All the markets were full of obnoxious turkish people selling fake branded tshirts though?

christurboo
11-07-11, 08:02 PM
Altinkum is good best place in turkey for night life and so on all markets are hours on buses tho.
marmarus not so good music off at 12pm to crowded.

all of turkey has shop,bar,shop,bar,shop so plenty places to haggle lol

Lee H
11-07-11, 08:15 PM
I've been 13 times now (twice this year) but would never go all inclusive so can't give any recommendations there unfortunately.

Marmaris is probably the best all rounder for choice of hotels, shopping etc but as said music off at 12 (if they get caught).

novalicous
11-07-11, 08:21 PM
the music thing dont realy bother me that much as we just want a bit of a relax music wise will be ibiza next year iif the misses can be persuded

ryansnova
11-07-11, 10:32 PM
i was in Marmaris when i went to turkey just a fue weeks ago and i seen a nova and it was right hand drive lol

i was speeking to a yung guy thare and he seid 99% of the clothes thare are fake lol

mowgli
11-07-11, 10:43 PM
what, they aren't real clothes???

ryansnova
11-07-11, 10:49 PM
what, they aren't real clothes???

the guy told us that 99% of the clothes are fake lol

fastcar1cars
11-07-11, 10:51 PM
I went to turkey and all the turkish blokes try it on with ya bird! Pissed me right off! Lol!

mowgli
11-07-11, 10:53 PM
the guy told us that 99% of the clothes are fake lol

that must be why the locals look like extras off only fools & horses.....

mowgli
11-07-11, 10:56 PM
I went to turkey and all the turkish blokes try it on with ya bird! Pissed me right off! Lol!

someone i know went with her mum to turkey and her mum let her shag a waiter.....she seemed quite proud of her daughter, who had regularly been out clubbing with the mum..... until another friend asked if they had reported that she was raped by a paedophile..... he was mid 20's the daughter was a very mature 12......oddly enough they left our circle of friends soon after

fastcar1cars
11-07-11, 10:59 PM
Yeah the blokes love blonde english women! It didnt get to me at first but after a week i was seein red! Lol! Me and the missus had some pics took and the guy kept tryin to take som of my missus on her own! Lol!
I would of swapped her for a camel mind!!

Nova_Tek
11-07-11, 11:53 PM
Went to Turkey in 2008 to an area of Antalya called Side. Went to an 'Ultra' all inclusive hotel, absolutely everything included, booze, drinks food, the lot. Proper good if you just wanna stay at the hotel. The hotel was called Club Voyage Sorgun Select and was good think it was 4 or 5 star. I was impressed. Good entertainment in the evening. Don't really hit the clubs and stuff any more, just wanted to chill and relax so really wasn't bothered about sight seeing and clubbing or anything like that.

mrT
12-07-11, 02:31 AM
turks are horrible bast*rds and you'll wanna murder them all in around 24hrs max, gd luck :)

mowgli
12-07-11, 08:06 AM
turks are horrible bast*rds and you'll wanna murder them all in around 24hrs max, gd luck :)

nothing like good old fashioned racism...eh????:roll:

Nova_Tek
12-07-11, 08:24 PM

Not all of us are mate!

Riggy
12-07-11, 08:44 PM
Came back from marmaris 3 week ago , got a late deal , all inclusive for 230 quid

As said the hassle is a little annoying , but you get what you pay for. I wouldn't do all inclusive again though , id rather go self catering and eat out , there were some nice restaurants and buffys along the front ,

You can always head to the marina and bar street for nightlife if that's what you want , I ended in the man utd bar most nights lol

Spudly
12-07-11, 09:00 PM

Thats a rather nasty comment, i know a few turkish people (my boss at the pizza shop is a turk) and theyre all spot on, really big on loyalty and such imo!

mowgli
12-07-11, 10:37 PM
the trouble is that the british aren't into the whole middle eastern haggling thing..

its a social thing, they are a different culture. thats the whole point of visiting a different country, if thats what you don't want, then go to skeggy or benidorm

mrT
13-07-11, 01:39 AM
it is harsh but thats with all my dealings with them when ive been overseas, i stayed in germany for 5 years in the place is crawling with turks, horrible people same as the polish, wouldnt trust any of them, see most people would say im "racist" and i'd agree to an extent, recently when in poland everyone hated us tbh because we were "british bast*rds" etc and wanted to fight all the time, even had missiles thrown when walking down the street for no reason, but over here we bend over backwards in think there nice ppl, i would never give turks my money but thats just me

Nova_Tek
13-07-11, 07:29 PM
There are various reasons for the above in my opinion but I'm not gonna go into anything, as most of these threads end up becoming an argument and becoming closed.

raymond
16-07-11, 09:09 PM
I came back from turkey 3 weeks ago really nice place we went icemler and stopped at the alvaro but it is very basic.
As said above if your other half has blonde her they become a pain in the ass as I found out.

Even worse if your baby daughter has blonde her too we could not walk 5m without a turk wanting to stop and gave her a cuddle the women too

MK999
16-07-11, 10:19 PM
it is harsh but thats with all my dealings with them when ive been overseas, i stayed in germany for 5 years in the place is crawling with turks, horrible people same as the polish, wouldnt trust any of them, see most people would say im "racist" and i'd agree to an extent, recently when in poland everyone hated us tbh because we were "british bast*rds" etc and wanted to fight all the time, even had missiles thrown when walking down the street for no reason, but over here we bend over backwards in think there nice ppl, i would never give turks my money but thats just me
Working in a builders merchant I've seen plenty of Polish builders (that isn't just a stereotype :p) all of which were hard working people that keep to themselves unless you speak to them... in which case friendliest people around in my experience, my supervisor at one point was a Polish girl too and probably the nicest person I've worked with, at the very least one of! The accent is cute as hell on a girl imo too lol

We also had a Turk running a burger van outside (generally one outside every wickes) who was a good honest hard working friendly person, and to date the best burger I ever had too :d I know plenty of English people that are the opposite though. Can only judge people by who you meet, but then if you decide they're arseholes from the outset, you're not really gonna get to know them at their best.

Bubba
16-07-11, 10:51 PM
i think the only reason you have a lot of bad stuff to say about turkish people is because thats all you hear people talk about from their holidays...all the ones in the holiday areas etc...but neway....

dont sell your missus for a camel....they have homing instincts lol she will find her way back to you

Dayle_
17-07-11, 08:39 AM
Me and the Mrs went in 2007 to Cusadasi. Was ok but the people can be either end of the scale either really friendly or an absolute pain and won't leave you alone and can be quite aggressive sometimes. Also they won't think twice of trying to get laid by your Mrs, and will blatantly flirt with her in front of you so if your the jealous type its better not to go!

mowgli
17-07-11, 12:12 PM
/\ that does it, i'm taking the mrs there next year......lol

tbh, there are plenty of places in this country that you get treated worse by english people, like most of london, or any sizeable tourist attraction...