PDA

View Full Version : Speedline gurus?

Tomm
10-07-11, 10:31 PM
Thought this would be the best place for me to ask about this. Anyway here is what i have.

I picked up a set of wheels tonight simply because of their sizes, i was not to bothered about the make or anything like that and mainly planned on using them for track or winter wheels.

I got them home and gave them a wipe down and they seem to be speed lines.

I am asking on here because i am fairly sure i have seen a few Novas with speedlines and maybe someone on here will know the answer to my question.

The wheels were advertised as with wheel caps, the owner seemed fairly genuine when he said that he had misplaced the caps, he said he would post them over to me if he found them but just incase he can not find them i would like to know where i can get hold of some. He did also give me a load of other parts to sort a few of my running issues out which i guess is a plus!

I figured Speedline could sort me out with some caps but i do not have a clue what model these wheels are, i cant seem to find any model numbers or anything like that.

What i am hoping is someone on here can tell me what they are and where i can get some caps from. The centre hole seems to be threaded on the inside which i guess the caps screws into. The area around the centre caps seems to be flat.

Here are two photos from when i unloaded them from the car. As you can see pretty rough, but for £50 i am not winging

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x158/Tomms_album/fbdfcf09.jpg
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x158/Tomms_album/5ea57e2d.jpg

Spudly
10-07-11, 10:33 PM
They look like Mistrals to me bud, clean em up and bang em on the bay, they will do a lot more than £50 lol

craig green
10-07-11, 10:35 PM
Speedline UK are pretty handy with spares, they will supply caps I'm sure if you or anyone wanted.

Tomm
10-07-11, 10:42 PM
They look like Mistrals to me bud, clean em up and bang em on the bay, they will do a lot more than £50 lol

ah i think you are spot on with that! The splits look damn fine! I have trawled through pages of google relults for "speedline" haha.

Ah you think so? A lot more than £50 would be pretty sweet! I will try them on my motor tomorrow, if they dont fit well or look like vomit then i will get them refurbed and some new tiers fitted and bang them on the bay, I have a few to many wheels at the moment i guess.

Speedline UK are pretty handy with spares, they will supply caps I'm sure if you or anyone wanted.

Cheers man, ill drop them a call tomorrow.

Novasport
10-07-11, 10:43 PM
Definately Mistrals and being 5 stud might be Subaru ones(Dont look like 17" Vauxhall fit 5 stud ones to me).
If they are Subaru they dont seem to sell for much on the bay.
You will struggle to find centre caps I'm afraid. I have the flat centres for mine and have been looking for the centre nut type for ages with no luck on either type.
ome Vauxhall centres may fit.

Novasport
10-07-11, 10:44 PM

Tried with no luck

Tomm
10-07-11, 10:53 PM
These ones are in 113.4x5 Flavor unlike the 100 of the subaru.

That said i am sure caps are just as hard to source as they are for the subaru.

That is really gutting to hear though. Was hoping to pick some up a little easier than that!

Mike
10-07-11, 10:55 PM
Vec Super Touring.

Novasport
10-07-11, 11:06 PM
They are not Vectra Supertouring, centres are totally different.

Novasport
10-07-11, 11:09 PM
These ones are in 113.4x5 Flavor unlike the 100 of the subaru.

That said i am sure caps are just as hard to source as they are for the subaru.

That is really gutting to hear though. Was hoping to pick some up a little easier than that!

That sounds like a Honda size, again I don't think they would be worth a great deal I'm afraid, sorry.

If they were Vectra ST or Vauxhall fit then they would be worth a reasonable amount.

Mike
10-07-11, 11:10 PM
They are not Vectra Supertouring, centres are totally different.

Good point, definetly not Subaru either.

113.4 PCD is Toyota/Nissan?

Tomm
10-07-11, 11:15 PM
That is correct mike.

These were taken from a imported Altezza but will me going on my MR2 Turbo.

These were not purchased as a profit making move so resale value at the moment is not really a huge concern. They were purchased for their sizes, i have not come across any wheels in these sizes for this money so i whipped them up.

Bubba
10-07-11, 11:47 PM
i would have expected 114.3 as the pcd no 113.4, as 114.3 is jap fitment

Tomm
10-07-11, 11:50 PM
yeh your right.

114.3, dont know why i said 113.4 haha

Tomm
11-07-11, 01:07 PM
after i had cleaned all of the brake dust, road dirt and general crap off of these wheels it seems to have Mistral 6 stamped on the two rears.

Does this put me in any better of a situation for finding centre caps?

craig green
11-07-11, 04:19 PM
I've seen Mistrals fitted as an OEM wheel on Mazda MX-5's if that helps with the tracking down of centres. Speedline also did a similar wheel called a 'Pole Star' which had exposed wheel nut holes, maybe see what the differences are. :thumb: