PDA

View Full Version : 2.0 shaft into hub problems

markmcgivern
10-07-11, 05:29 PM
hope this makes sense,
currently putting c20xe into my nova, the shafts are 2.0 heavy duty, not equal length, inner joints are calibra and so are outer. i bought 2.0 hubs off a guy on here but the outer cv joints dont fit into the hubs, reason being the joint splines are flat top and the hub splines are flat top with v groove so its pretty obvious they wont go in. I've counted the splines and both same on hub and shafts.
is it a case of calira outers are wrong and i need different joints?

Damo
10-07-11, 05:42 PM
Hmm that sounds odd mate didnt think the outer cvs were any different on the cav/cally/astra big block motors.

markmcgivern
10-07-11, 06:29 PM
Hmm that sounds odd mate didnt think the outer cvs were any different on the cav/cally/astra big block motors.

i know, i just couldnt get them in, i even tried putting the big nut on them, locking the disc in the caliper and winding the nut to pull them through but it wouldnt work! so thats why i checked the hubs and they are flat splines where as they should be v splines?
Any idea's???

Damo
10-07-11, 07:34 PM
the only thing i can think of is that the hubs are the wrong ones for your cv's quite not sure what there off though.

Wazza024
10-07-11, 07:48 PM
As damo said sounds like the hubs are wrong ones hmm but i bought new hubs from lmf where the shaft goes in and mine fit perfect and right

markmcgivern
10-07-11, 08:20 PM
thanks guys, time to order some new hubs then