PDA

View Full Version : Bumper bar thinggys

Nova-Boy
04-07-03, 12:03 AM
I was given a GTE front bumper and it came without the metal bar thing that bolts to your car. I tried to swap the metal bar thing from the standard bumper to the GTE one.

On the standard bumper the plasic bumper is fixed with barbed plastic clips to the metal bar.

The GTE plastic bumper has those metal self tapper screw things on. the holes on the metal bar (that the standard bumper clips to) line up and fit over the raised screw holes but there is no way of fixing it.

Is there any GTE bumper brackets available or something or are the bars different dependant on the model??

Can anyone send me a pic of how the GTE bumper if fixed together??

Cheers.

DazK
04-07-03, 01:48 AM
:? my smoothed GTE front went str8 onto a standard sr carraige bar with no problems? . :roll: dunno mate to be honest .. see if ne1 else can help ya if not get one from a GTE i suppose :|

Nova-Boy
04-07-03, 12:54 PM
Did your carrage bar have big square holes for clips or round screw holes? I might need a carrage bar from a GTE then??

Cheers

DazK
04-07-03, 02:13 PM
mine has all the square holes for the clips :?

Nova-Boy
04-07-03, 04:37 PM
so does your Bumper have the clips then?

mazza
08-07-03, 11:31 PM
go to a scrap yard and find a nova with the right bar. easier than fucking around with the one you have, i got mine of an old 1.2 with the grill and bumper as one.

mazza
08-07-03, 11:33 PM
and thats the one with the holes for the plastic clips, same as gsi bumper.

Nova-Boy
09-07-03, 10:19 AM
THe one i have has the holes for the plastic clips. I need one with the screw things to screw to my GTE bumper?

mazza
09-07-03, 10:32 AM
ah, scrap yard then! it will have to be from an sr or gte and if thay havnt got any then i guess your just gonna have to bungle it on with some roofing baton and self tappers.... :!:

Nova-Boy
09-07-03, 10:50 AM
I have got it on at the min but could do with finding a local scrapper with a SR/GTE in to get a propper one.